Sign in to follow this  
CedarForks

Rainwater Accumulates in Basket

The basket doesn't have any weep holes. One could either drill some or manufacture a cover. I recall a posting to this forum that describes such a cover with snap-on studs, but now cannot find it. Thanks.

Even with a cover you would need drain holes, for when you wash the trailer or from normal moisture accumulation during rainy travel. There may be a few other spots on the trailer that catch water like the awning brackets up top, and the bottom of the steps, when folded . You can do this yourself easily enough. Standing water is not good.

I consider a lithium battery powered drill/ driver to be an essential travel tool, it has a lot of uses when combined with a small set of drill bits and tips. If you don’t have one already, consider an excellent Dewalt 20V kit. It is very powerful, compact, comfortable and can handle up to a 1/2” bit. Like the tool, all the drill accessories are very high quality. .... https://www.amazon.com/Dewalt-DCD771C2-Cordless-Lithium-Ion-Compact/dp/B00ET5VMTU?th=1

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Drill a 1/2” hole (from the bottom is best) in each corner. Problem eliminated.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and the dogs: Reacher, Lucy and Rocky plus our beloved Storm and Maggie (both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge) 2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0026 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0050 2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4 

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA       ABBCMBNSYTsm.jpg