Dometic RM2454 fridge replacement

Sherry I wonder if you could find a marine hatch the right size for those vents. Seems like the bottom one especially would make a nice exterior storage compartment for...something. 

I suspect that your fridge was cheaper primarily because it doesn’t have an Isotherm sticker on it. It’s a high quality sticker that requires specialized workers to apply. 

Edited by Overland
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

I know those marine fridge workers get huge bucks to apply the Isotherm sticker.   😃

That hatch isn't a bad idea, Overland. There is a bit of space behind the new fridge. I have no idea what I'd put there, but access is never bad.

I'm thinking we'll probably  just cut something out of thin starboard , or something  similar, and seal up the vents from the inside, adding some gasket material. With just the visqueen, I can definitely feel a small draft on cold windy nights .  

Before we ordered the Truckfridge, I  talked to customer service at Truckfridge (very nice people). Very accommodating. The rep actually  took out a tape measure and by hand measured items and dimensions I was worried about.  I  was told the biggest part of the price difference was the uscg compliance.  Since the fridge was going in my trailer, not the sailboat, I was definitely ok with saving several hundred dollars.

When we installed  the Truckfridge tf/cf130, the unit cleared the entryway to our 2008 Elite with a strong 1/16 inch on each side, at the most narrow pint, without removing any of the existing Oliver stuff. It was perfect  for our diy installation.

Still has a danfoss/secop compressor, and an Indel label. Comes in any color you want, ( like a Ford model a) as long as it's black.😄 and the door only swings one way. Not adjustable. 

Still hoping someday folks can order a factory install like yours, with no cutouts for the vents. It looks great, and is really clean and neat.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.