Drawer wrangler

rideadeuce

So I have been chewing on this for a while now and thought I would try my hand at a simple, yet effective, easy to use way to keep the drawers from flying open during travel. Bought some cheap self-adhesive (VHB) hardware and some small bungee cord. Voila... I hope it works. Easy to apply cordage and when removed just toss in the drawer. I bent the lower ones down to almost flush so hopefully they won't snag someone. The top ones can be used as hooks or left alone when not in use.

IMG_3288.thumb.jpg.2e8b35f42ae9220a60264c202d0e9491.jpg

IMG_3289.thumb.jpg.ecb79ecbae86b552bf3f12bab76ec90f.jpg

IMG_3290.thumb.jpg.4ce8696959bf83c1f8c09a9e0fd5cc6f.jpg

• Thanks 2

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra 

• Moderators

Looks like a simple solution. Maybe hang a towel or something on them when not on the move?  We’ve never had an issue with the kitchen drawers, the nightstand drawer is a different story!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I have no evidence that my drawers have ever opened while driving, but some have had disasters.  The cord looks like a good solution.

The nightstand drawer seems like the obvious problem waiting to happen.  It probably has opened and closed a number of times as I blissfully gazed out at the scenery.  Fortunately, I've never found it up by the bathroom, but I've had a number of other things end up there.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

Fortunately, my nightstand drawer has a lockable clasp like the upper cabinets so it is not an issue for me. But my kitchen drawers seem to come open quite frequently, especially on long trips. Looking forward to seeing how the cordage works this week on our trip to MI.

- Mike

Nashville, TN

2018 Elite II - Spirit of Adventure Hull #308  - Toyota Tundra