randi

• Moderators

3500 towing capacity? I don't think so.

Sorry 

Sherry

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Even the smaller Elite, like ours, would max out your towing capacity. I like the Sienna. But I  honestly wouldn't recommend it as a tow vehicle for even the smaller Elite. 

You need something with at least 5000 towing capacity for the smaller Elite. Our Volvo xc90 (4900 towing capacity) towed our trailer ok on flats and foothills,  but I wouldn't recommend it in the mountains.  My Silverado is somewhere in the 7000 or 7900 range, and it was great. 

Your van would be perfect for a lighter, small trailer. The double hull of the Oliver comes with a weight penalty. Unfortunately,  some of the lighter trailers have a very heavy tongue, so, you have to weigh that into the equation, too.

If your heart is set in an Oliver, I would honestly look at a different tow vehicle.  If you keep the Sienna, look at a different trailer, with a lower gvwr.

Best wishes, Sherry 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, randi said:

yes the sienna has a 3500 tow capacity

3500 is not enough for even the small Oliver.  I agree with Sherry, I would look at a larger tow vehicle if you want an Oliver.  Otherwise, there are other fiberglass trailers that might work, a Scamp or maybe small Escape.

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS