Oliver Elite vs Elite II

Bobc

Oliver Owners

We sold our Casita Liberty Deluxe 17’ trailer and are trying to decide upon which Oliver to choose. We like the size of the Elite because it matches much of size of our Casita.  The one thing that we did not care for on the Casita was the head room. I am 6’1” and had to duck coming into the Casita and could not stand straight up in the wet bath as well as ducking where the AC dropped down. We just wanted some owners input into their selection of the Oliver and if they had a similar trailer like the Casita and found the Elite just fine or the Elite II much better. We know five foot longer makes a difference in trailering (long ago had a 32 foot airstream). Did these differences in the dimensions affect your decision between the two Olivers? Any input Into your decision making would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bob & Carolyn

BobC

2019 Elite I Hull 431

Another consideration is counter/cargo space.  Besides additional head space, the Elite II extra length gives you more counter in the galley, a larger fridge, and a big pantry across the aisle. 6" more interior width in the Elite II translates to a lot of elbow room. For what it's worth, there's also a cabinet over the Elite II toilet that you don't have in the Elite.  Every little bit helps!

If you are considering solar power, the Elite II has 340w vs 230 for the Elite.  Elite II has an optional Lithium/3000w inverter solar option; Elite only gives you the choice of 6vAGMs; more available AH with Elite II.

Probably the most important consideration is your tow vehicle.  What do you plan to tow your with?  Elite = 5,000GVW  Elite II 7,000GVW; that's huge.

It would be nice if Oliver had a side by side comparison on their site.  Maybe they do, and I just didn't see it.  When we were researching, we knew we wanted the Elite II since the interior space is very similar to our camper van.  And our preference is for dual axle.

Hope this helps; I'm sure I've missed something 

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Hi, and welcome to the forum. 

The Elite owners here are a smaller contingent. 

One of my best friends owns a Casita Spirit. I believe the Ollie I has about 1/2 inch to 1 inch  better headroom. As I  recall, the ac is also a bit further back in the Ollie, so that could possibly be helpful.

Best bet for you is to contact the sales office, and find an Elite owner within reasonable driving distance. It's not the same height or width as the bigger Elite Ii.

The other issue is the bed. Did you have your liberty set up as a king? That's not possible with the elite, only the bigger elite ii.

The entry door will make you duck in any model. 

If you're in Florida,  or NC, you're welcome to see mine, and see how gracefully a 2008 has aged. 😁

Sherry 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.