Anderson triangle plate

Yukon

I did not see any difference in ease of alignment, at times it can be a real PItA...... You can easily do this, which helps significantly.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4242-how-to-make-your-andersen-pin-easier-to-insert/

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

The "phase one" plates had a collar similar to the "phase three" plates that are currently in use.  I recently obtained a phase three plate but have not had the chance to use it yet.  However, the "phase two" plates came with two "sleeves" welded to either side of the plate versus the collars used in both the phase one and three plates.

I used both the phase one and the phase two plates for considerable miles and thought that the phase two's were much easier to use.  The reason for this was that with the collars you have to make sure that the plate is flush up against the underside of the Andersen while at the same time making sure that the "pin" hole is lined up before you can insert that pin.  With the phase two design the pin could be inserted into one of the sleeves and then into the pin hole which would automatically align the sleeve on the opposite side.  Certainly this is/was a small difference but I found it to be somewhat easier.  In addition, with the collared plates, the plate must be held basically perpendicular to the underside of the Andersen housing while the sleeved plate's orientation really didn't matter.

I'm guessing that Andersen went back to the collared pattern because is is easier to deal with and weld a single piece versus the two sleeves.  And, perhaps, the collar makes for a stronger assembly too.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"