Hi Fred, welcome. Maybe you should clarify, what year truck? Does it not already have a factory receiver?

Which Ollie did you buy? with either model you do not need an exotic receiver like that Quick and Easy one. A plain receiver and a simple dead weight ball mount works great with a HD truck and either Ollie.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

Thanks for the reply John. My truck is a 2010 Ford F-250 that had a DMI Quick and Easy Hitch already on it. And my understanding this hitch is used in the agriculture farm use more then any place else. It seems to be a good hitch.

I bought a 2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II.

Fred

OK, what are your concerns about the DMI receiver on your truck? I would expect it to be fine, it is overkill for your LE2, that is all. Is it intended to dampen banging and crashing while dragging equipment over rough terrain? I don’t know anything about it, but it does look interesting.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.

• Moderators

That hitch is fine. It is most certainly overkill for our "little" 6-7K pound trailers. That being said, if you already own it, then use it. I probably would not advise someone to purchase it for this use as I'm reasonably sure it is expensive. Certainly more so than a simpler hitch platform. I'm surprised that your Ford F-250 did not already have a hitch from the factory.

Steve, Tali and the dogs: Reacher, Lucy and Rocky plus our beloved Storm and Maggie (both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge) 2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0026 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0050 2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4 

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA       ABBCMBNSYTsm.jpg

On 1/10/2021 at 8:38 PM, John E Davies said:

OK, what are your concerns about the DMI receiver on your truck? I would expect it to be fine, it is overkill for your LE2, that is all. Is it intended to dampen banging and crashing while dragging equipment over rough terrain? I don’t know anything about it, but it does look interesting.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Thanks John,  I bought the truck off of a 84 year old farmer who only put 32,000 mile on it in the 10 years he owned it, he ordered it with this hitch but did not have the 2 inch square hitch tube with it it had a 1 inch shank with a pin hole in it for pinning farm trailers to it. I went ahead and ordered the 2 inch square tube for it and it will be installed next week. Thanks for your advice. Fred

On 1/10/2021 at 10:16 PM, ScubaRx said:

That hitch is fine. It is most certainly overkill for our "little" 6-7K pound trailers. That being said, if you already own it, then use it. I probably would not advise someone to purchase it for this use as I'm reasonably sure it is expensive. Certainly more so than a simpler hitch platform. I'm surprised that your Ford F-250 did not already have a hitch from the factory.

The hitch was a concern of mine when I asked about it but feel good about continue using it to pull the camper. Thanks for the word of confidence.

Fred

• Moderators

After seeing your response to JD about how you acquired this hitch, I completely understand that you want to use it. This should be one hell of a hitch and is probably as strong or stronger than 95% of all the hitches pulling Oliver's. That thing will make pulling your new Oliver smooth as butter. Make sure you select a strong stinger (ball mount) and ball to go into it.

Steve, Tali and the dogs: Reacher, Lucy and Rocky plus our beloved Storm and Maggie (both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge) 2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0026 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0050 2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4 

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA       ABBCMBNSYTsm.jpg