Solar not working

Hello SNY SD UP,

I recently picked hull 806 and I'm also learning the Zamp controller. I have a 30 amp controller with 3 lithium batteries.

From the pictures you provided, it seems as if your controller is performing the same as mine. Mine is performing as it should.

One of the things I am working to get my hands around is the amount of Amp Hours I have stored in the batteries at any given time vs the number of AH I am using. Here is a link to a decent article:  https://www.rvwithtito.com/articles/battery-capacity/. It may be that you are consuming AH at a rate that will not allow the batteries to fully charge.

So, when on batteries I look to understand what is drawing amps and how to conserve those amps. You obviously know if you have lights on, using the AC or microwave or hair dryer...but there may be other items to check. For example, check the water heater to insure the outside breaker is off.

I hope I can get to the point that I can estimate accurately how to "budget" my daily amp draw vs the total AH produced/stored. I don't have a generator...yet....but never say never.

While on the road, my batteries were never fully charged off the solar because of the amps I was drawing at the same time. Upon returning home this week, I left the Maxair attic fan running ...all else off.....and the controller indicated the batteries fully charged during the next day.

Hope my gibberish helps,

Steve

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

SteveCr, thanks, i will look into that.

we have (4) AGM BATTS and the 340 Watt Solar Package.

we are power misers, AC & Heat when attached to Shore 30a.  Blankets & overhead fan are cheaper and easier quieter.  do not use many lights on, old habits are hard to shake. 

right now i am beginning to think this may something to do with Batts rather than Solar/ZAMP or a combo of both.  i have not opened a ticket yet, but may, depending upon answers to questions i have.  i just do not know yet.  Even though the (2) breakers under s/s bed next to pantry did not appear to be tripped. 

Before the trip/reset after a good sunny solar day, Batt Icon would show 1/2-1/4, since i tripped/reset them, things have improved, Batt Icon showed 3/4 yesterday afternoon. We were able to make it thru last night without having the Xantrex alarm/red lights go off and shutdown, or have the refrig get error codes L or C, and shutdown.  Batts were at 1/4 this morning (0630-0700) when ZAMP woke up and started its magic.  Batts showed 3/4  this afternoon.  so we will see what tonight & tomorrow morning brings.

Regards Bryan,

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg