Window Louvers

topgun2

• Moderators

Thanks, Bill. 

Unless the producer changed the design, these sit inside the track, not fastened to the window frame. Meaning, the window must remain open all the time these are deployed, and cannot be locked. So, temporary use only, deploy each time you want to use them. But, that is better than not having them at all, when we depend on windows for breeze, and fan for cooling, most of the time. And, they'd also be easier to clean than our permanent vents.

The original maxxAir vents that we and csevel have installed  have a rubber flap on the flat edge to tightly seal against the rain. It must have been pretty good quality, as it still works, after 14 seasons. I can't tell from the photos in the link if there is a seal on the 3d printed ones, or not. , or not. I suppose one could be added, somehow, if the vent doesn't seal tightly against the window.

20210910_110409.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Thanks, Bill. 

Unless the producer changed the design, these sit inside the track, not fastened to the window frame. Meaning, the window must remain open all the time these are deployed, and cannot be locked. So, temporary use only, deploy each time you want to use them. But, that is better than not having them at all, when we depend on windows for breeze, and fan for cooling, most of the time. And, they'd also be easier to clean than our permanent vents.

The original maxxAir vents that we and csevel have installed  have a rubber flap on the flat edge to tightly seal against the rain. It must have been pretty good quality, as it still works, after 14 seasons. I can't tell from the photos in the link if there is a seal on the 3d printed ones, or not. , or not. I suppose one could be added, somehow, if the vent doesn't seal tightly against the window.

20210910_110409.jpg

Yes, this was my concern as well when considering replacement.  You'd have to be diligent in remembering to remove them for travel and stand in the rain to install.  Not ideal but maybe a good enough replacement when my Maxxair ones brittle-out!  I've got hairline cracks and have repaired them with clear flexseal tape.  All of my screws are cushioned as well with rubber washers and NOT torqued too tight. 

As far as cleaning, I'm thrilled with being able to open the windows in my Oliver and clean from the inside!  Makes it so much easier than when I had to take them off of my Casita due to lack of non opening windows!

• Like 1

2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Sport 5.7L V8 

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Hull #184 ~ "ILOVHER"