Faulty light switch repair

We had a switch (for the Cabinet Lights) on the main panel with an intermittent fault. Sometimes it wouldn't work, or it would flicker. I opened the access panel behind the control panel and found lots of fiberglass dust in there. I suspected fiberglass debris had fallen into the switch, fouling the contacts,  so I vacuumed out the service compartment through the access hatch (wearing a mask to protect me from the dust) and, while the vacuum was running in the back, put canned air through the front of the switch (there's a gap around the rocker). This fixed the bad switch but (theory confirmed), fouled some of the others. I then air dusted and vacuumed the front of every switch and full function was restored to all. So, if you have a sketchy 12v switch, especially in a new unit, you might want to try this first.

• Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

Yet another use for canned air.

Always carry a can of that stuff with me.  Fridge, water heater, furnace can all use a "blast" every now and then.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"