Truma AC - Unbalanced Air Flow

BBL

3 hours ago, Patriot said:

With the Truma under a 2 year factory warranty I opted not to modify the air intake holes with any mesh screening that could possibly reduce air intake and potentially void the warranty. The custom cover is easy on and easy off. 

Cover looks perfect! Good pt about possibly voiding the warranty…so it’ll be a cover for us as well.

• Like 3

‘22 Ram 1500 4x4 Eco-diesel | ‘22 OTT LE2 hull # 1056 | Eastern VA

• 4 weeks later...
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
On 6/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, Brian and Brandelyne said:

What I normally do, is set my a/c via the CP Plus then go to the remote, slide down the cover and hit the "Raindrop" button. You have to ensure that you see both the "Snowflake" and the "Raindrop" on the screen. You also have to be pointed directly at the A/C and watch the green light. If you have doubts that it "took" the command, there is a re-transmit button on the remote that will send the setting again (it looks like a wifi signal).

I finally got around to trying this over the weekend. It wasn't particularly hot. Just typical midwest 75° with 80-plus percent humidity all weekend. Sunday eventing, we were in my brother's house for several hours, so I thought that would be a good time to test out "dehumidify" mode. It worked great, but the negative is that it ignores any temperature setting, apparently only trying to reach an arbitrary humidity level. We we went out to the trailer for the night, it was 61° in there! 🥶

Have those of you who have fiddled with the dehumidify more had similar experiences? Any method to set a minimum temperature? Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderators

From my very limited testing, and advice from one of my friends in the marine industry,  the "dehumidify" function is really a very low level steady operation of the ac and fan.

I'm surprised you dropped to 61, but that could certainly be possible,  I'd guess, simce your outdoor temps were so low.

Mine worked great in the driveway, in close to 90 outside temp, and little shade. Lot of water coming out, dry inside.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

In average outside temps and high humidity, our camper get quite chilly in dehumidification mode. It does a great job though. I run it for  a while when it feels sticky inside and then switch to night mode. This seems to work pretty well without needing a quilt on the bed.😆

I have noticed that it does seem to reach a humidity set point and the compressor shuts down. Usually comes on and off throughout the night to maintain the arbitrary set point. I'm actually good with it. 

• Thanks 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map