Awning problem

My awning is not closing it stays open about 1 inch. I read the directions and watched youtube videos on how to adjust it. My issue is that it seems like the 4mm Allen wrench does not fit. I even took the end cap off to see if I can see better but that was of no help. It is in such a tight space its hard to see if the wench is going into the socket  or not. They paint the adjustment screws red and white and its possible the paint is preventing the wrench from seating. Has anyone else had this issue.

Thanks

Bill

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 Elite II  Hull #1265
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

Tap the wrench with a small hammer to see if it will clear/ break away any paint. 

FYI you can always strap it down tight in an emergency to get you to service or back home,  using heavy bungees or web cargo straps.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.