Zamp Auxiliary Solar Port

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Mine the positive is fused then connected to the positive busbar under the street side bed, and the negative wire to the negative busbar under the rear dinette seat.

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

• Moderators

@Wandering Sagebrush, the zamp port is wired "backwards" from sae standard, ostensibly to protect folks from a nasty shock.

Do you know if Oliver installed it originally, or if the previous owner installed? Since this is the first time you're using it, I'd probably check the polarity. If it Checks out wired to zamp standard, you need to use a zamp wired panel for "plug and play, " or buy an adapter to reverse polarity from the panel. Other brands don't wire the same way as zamp....

Screenshot_20230803_163351_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

That's great news, and I'm glad you'll check everything.  Zamp port +zamp panels "should be" plug and play. But, if never used, I'd check.

As you may have noticed,  I  often play "devil's advocate " and sometomes ask perceivably  "dumb" questions, because I know our posts live on, for a long time.

I have seen posts where folks considered "reversing wiring" to compensate for zamp's port reverse sae polarity. For anyone buying a used trailer with a zamp port, I'd check it, before use. 

Fwiw, my husband and I make some mods, but we label everything.  Not everyone does.

I'm glad you are following  a prudent path, @Wandering Sagebrush.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.