Fun Lights for Decoration - On Back of Dinette Window

Galway Girl

My wife and I had a discussion a while back about upcoming travel that will take us across seasons and holidays.
She asked that I figure out a way to have seasonal lights in the dinette window  that can be changed with the season or holiday.
Our original solution was just a simple set of white lights that we plugged in below the dinette window.

I've found a solution that's made her very happy and add's color and both manual and bluetooth control.

Here's the we've been using.  (See Link near bottom of this article for Amazon item.)

image.thumb.png.c4cb46ff2d0d41cd35c7c84988bb28c1.png

The strip of LED lights are controlled either by the switches in the cord or via the bluetooth connected phone app.

The flat ribbon is a perfect fit on the back side of the Oliver window frames, and don't interfere with attaching or detaching the window frames.

I would suggest getting the phone app, and then testing the light string before installation.
Once you see that the lights are working then prep for the install by unplugging the controls from the light string.

Installation on the rear of the Oliver Window Frame

1. Remove window frame - Tug across the top of the window frame detaching the 3 clips that hold the window frame to the wall.
    Do the same across the bottom of the frame.
  2. Lay the window face down on the dinette table so back is facing up and clean the flat surfaces on the back edges of the frame with alcohol.
  3. Align the connector for the ribbon so that the connector from controller can reach to the AC power outlet just below the dinette. We attached 
    the light controller button to the bathroom side of the dinette table next to the wall.
  4. Peel and stick down the light ribbon completely around the frame
    ( Note: take care at corners to gently fold the ribbon back on itself while avoiding having the LED's right on the corner bend.)
  5. As you finish sticking down the strip, cut the ribbon light at the closest "cut joint" to the starting end.  (there may be 1-2 inch gap or slight overlap.
  6. Plug in and test lights while the unit is still on the table...once it's working move on.
  7. Re-attach the frame to the window by aligning the top 3 tabs and tapping the frame in place, then repeat on the bottom 3 tabs.
  8. Plug in the unit and have fun choosing different colors per season or holiday.

I've added the item to our on Amazon for those interested.

Craig & Rose

Hull 505 - Galway Girl

• Like 4

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Ohhh I love this! How fun and festive for the seasons/holidays! We had similar lights in our AS Nest that worked off an app, it was fun to change out the colors and add some ambience. 
Would love to see some photos of yours!

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

The unit has dozens of animation effects, like "River", "Campfire", and Holiday Presets.

Some solid colors shown below:

image.jpeg.1f05bf9a84ab20ba76fd5d91935e28de.jpeg

Short video of "Music" light function to see various colors.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg