Nightstand USB Access Question

Just got back from a trip to Steens Mtn, where I noticed the curb side USB was loose from the side of the nightstand.  I am afraid of the possibility of there being a metal nut that might short the wiring and cause a fire.

I haven’t looked to see if the two ports are in a front panel that can be unscrewed, but before I start tearing things apart, are there any words of wisdom about how to access the back of the USB port.

The Steens were stunning as usual, with the first dusting of snow at the top.IMG_4007.thumb.jpeg.263b90d0d3cbd7cc7b50ae74ba00e2e5.jpeg

From the Alvord Desert side.

• Like 4

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

All of the cigarette and USB ports that I have seen have a nylon retaining nut which match’s the threaded body of the device.  You can remove the drawer and locate an access panel.  Remove 4 screws and you should be able to put the retaining nut back in place.

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

@Wandering Sagebrush

The panel that closes off the back ~3" of the drawer cavity in my Ollie has a black access panel that covers a 6"hole.  The attached picture shows the access panel resting upright on the deck above the basement area.  It also shows the access hole which I can reach through and touch the back of the 120V receptacle as well as both of the 12v ports.

Mossey

IMG_2626.thumb.jpeg.e6dac6b91482e0f034c3fd2ca62c186a.jpeg

• Thanks 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”