Another "woodless" trailer

Steph and Dud B

A new company. This one's made of plastic with welded seams. I think the interior might be plastic, too. Very lightweight. https://www.theautopian.com/this-new-lightweight-plastic-camper-promises-a-leakless-future-with-no-rot/

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators

Interesting concept.  Looks like a nice trailer, the weight will be something that people with smaller TV’s will appreciate.  The price isn’t bad either.  I had to raise an eyebrow at the standard “electric fireplace”.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

13 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

I had to raise an eyebrow at the standard “electric fireplace”.

We had an electric fireplace in our last fifth wheel. I thought it was silly, but it was a standard feature. Turned out, we really liked it. It was basically an electric space heater, so it was good to take the edge off on a chilly night if we had hookups. And the fake fire glow was actually kind of nice. 🙂

Here's another article from the same source, this one a review of the production Cortes units. Saw a couple of those at our local dealer this summer. https://www.theautopian.com/this-new-fiberglass-camper-has-some-great-ideas-wrapped-in-terrible-marketing/

• Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators
On 9/29/2023 at 6:56 AM, Steph and Dud B said:

A new company. This one's made of plastic with welded seams. I think the interior might be plastic, too. Very lightweight. https://www.theautopian.com/this-new-lightweight-plastic-camper-promises-a-leakless-future-with-no-rot/

I looked through their website. Interesting manufacturing process, and certainly lightweight for size. 

Sadly, each and every floorplan listed eliminates the possibility for a big rear window, which I  would really miss. I also dislike being able to see the honeycomb pattern of the plastic sheets in the photos. But, a number ofvthe floorplans would be great for a small family, and a smaller tow vehicle. 

Their dealer network is apparently one company, with several locations. One is about an hour and a half from me, and if I'm out that way for another reason, (there's a great old time Florida seafood restaurant that we like, not far away, and a seafood market that sells walleye in Hudson, itself), I'm curious enough to drop in and check it out. That location has three models in stock.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

As far as Cortes, I wouldn't even bother to drive across our little  bridge to see one.  I suspect they won't be around long. Some of their "dealer" units have already appeared on eBay at reduced prices. 

Weird floorplan. Bathroom doesn't have a door, just a curtain? Short sink. Small windows.  Founder arrested some time ago, i think for securities fraud. (,oh. And yes, I saw an ipo coming. Omg. Trying to bail?)

They no longer tout (nor probably use) aluminized fiberglass, nor carbon fiber. Poor fit and finish. A goofy looking casita knockoff (since they unabashedly used a casita to create their mold.)

Ugly, to boot, in my opinion. I could go on and on, but photos speak louder.  

Be careful out there. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145282499279?hash=item21d38302cf:g:HFcAAOSwVMVk93XF

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.