Adventure Caravans

JuniorBirdMan

February and March are typically a time when I dream about going someplace warm and friendly, so I signed up for a 6-week trek from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas and back.

Have any of you tried one of these caravans before and, if so, what was your overall impression?

Aubrey and the two wingmen, Woodstock & Rascal

Oliver #032, "El Huevito"

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels

• Moderators

Aubrey,

Good to hear from you buddy! You tired of making slingshots, etc for the g'kids and planning an adventure? Sounds like it could potentially be a lot of fun . . . and it could also be FUBAR. The quality of the trip might hinge on the reputation and capabilities of the Wagonmaster. What group are you signing up to go with? Any reviews on them? Have you and the Teddy Bears been practicing your Español?

Pete

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I hate to age myself but I remember when those caravans first started over 30 years ago. As I was running a white water rafting business at that time I spoke with some of the "wagon masters" at trade shows who were just starting out. Thought it sounded fun. I would definitely check on the company's track record and make sure there are no issues with taking dogs. Baja is still considered safe for tourist. Too much money being made to not keep the criminal element out. Sounds like it could be a great trip and hope you take many photos to share with the rest of us if you go.

Pam

I'm going with Adventure Caravans out of Livingston, TX. Trip starts from San Diego on Feb 7. Good reviews, dogs OK, and lotsa good info provided. Wagonmasters and tailgunners have spent a lot of time in Baja. I dare say I'll have the smallest camper in the group.

Pete: Como esta frijole, cabrito?

Aubrey and the two wingmen, Woodstock & Rascal

Oliver #032, "El Huevito"

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels