Touch Lights

John Dorrer

12 hours ago, Ronbrink said:

We left Palmetto SP yesterday afternoon to have a late lunch in San Antonio, and upon return a few hours later the touch light above the sink was fading in and out. Strange, because no lights were left On. This is one of the lights previously mentioned with a prior problem, but this was a first for this anomaly. When I touched the light it went full bright, but would not turn Off! Sadly, I had to find a way to block the light since I’m a light sleeper, no pun intended! Enter a dinette seat back cushion; to no surprise, another reason for my wife to call me a ‘nut’. So to bed I went, bedcovers over my head, but awakened around 2am with a thought; the Master Light switch. In careful execution and much anxiety, flip Off, light Off; now what? So, with much curiosity, flip On, light still Off, yahoo! As not to push my luck, I returned to bed with a sense of accomplishment and drifted off to sleep once again. However upon awakening, more anxiety and curiosity; will the light come On when touched and operate normally?

image.thumb.jpeg.410d2390ab71b363e26dda974ddae2f5.jpeg

A resounding YES! 

Ronbrinks light the next morning.

Wake Up Face GIF

• Haha 4

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
8 hours ago, srthomsen said:

Stretch the spring or?

No, I just twist off the cover, wipe to remove any dust inside, tickle the spring a bit and reinstall the cover. Thinking either the dust interferes with the action of the spring or the spring is a little out of kilter due to ‘tapping’ the fixture as opposed to ‘lightly touching’ with the back of hand. That said, guilty as charged; if these lights don’t laminate when first touched, I invariably tap, sometimes more than once, until they come on. My bad! Just know, I am now 4 of 4 in remedying inherent issue with these lights. 

• Like 2

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt

6 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

Ronbrinks light the next morning.

Wake Up Face GIF

Now there’s an idea! Would be great in getting my ‘late sleeper’ wife up to make this ‘early riser’ his morning coffee.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt