Flexible Solar Panels

Geronimo John

Still have not found the flexible solar panel, but I did find my post it note about it. 

Our forum member (???) was calling our attention to a new Copper Indium Gallium Diselenide Solar Cells (CIGS) that can be walked upon, shot repeatedly and run over by trucks and still keep on ticking. and the model is YUMA., sold by Bouge RV .  They have several configurations and sizes on their web site.    

https://www.bougerv.com/products/yuma-400w-cigs-flexible-solar-panel-with-holes

The video shows the flexibility and durability.  I'm thinking this would work well directly adhered to the roof of ollie, or better as a ground based solar farm as i mentioned on the solar awing post.  

Video:  https://www.bougerv.com/products/yuma-800w-cigs-flexible-solar-panel-with-holes

If it is as good as they are stating, this is a game changer for flexible solar panels and the RV market.  

GJ

Moderator:  If you can find the original owner's post from the bread crumbs above, would you mind moving it and this post to the flexible solar panel thread?

Thanks  GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

This is one from bougerv. Interesting size. 14" x 85"

Ps, gj, I saw that video, bullerholes, but can't remember if it was here. I'll find it, if I can.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

This one?

I don't necessarily trust his reviews,  as I do those of Will Prowse, as he heavily advertises his products reviewed. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

If I were going to make a portable solar farm (Great idea for us boondockers), and I were using flex panels, I'd think I'd want a ground cloth (clean tarp) underneath, to alleviate scouring on the bottom side of the panels.

Just my opinion.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

that's what I saw earlier.  🙂

I just posted their web. What I don't know yet is if the panels can accommodate flex in both directions.  All the photo's only show it in the long dimension.  If both diretions, then they could be mounted sidewise or long wise.

Likely sideways would work best as Ollie is 7' wide.  Start just at the curb side awning and run across the low roof, up to the high roof, down to the low roof.  That dimension is 7 feet plus the two 5"? roof "poof ups" certainly is longer than their panels are long.  

Basically filling the roof three sections front 2/3 of Ollie with solar panel. I think  it would give us at least 600 watts, maybe close to 800 watts if four will fit.  I like this idea even better than the Ollie "Ground Solar Wind Farm" concept floated earlier.  

GJ

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

Split for you.

Let me know if I missed anything. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4