Slide for LE2 TV/Truck Bed

I know this isn't Oliver specific, but it is related. I really value the intelligent and thought-out solutions of Oliver owners.  I am going to either build a plywood slide with some variant of rollers, for the bed of my TV.  Homemade?  Commerical? 

Anyway, appreciate your thoughts. It will help carry my LEII's logistical necessities.

Thank you in advance, Sirs/Ma'ams.

Edited by Vector - Lanham
spelling
  • Like 1

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
38 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

1500lbs is probably overkill, but hey why not! 

Maybe if the truck bed slide significantly reduces your truck payload capacity.  How much does it weigh, installed?

I note that Vector-Lanham's tow vehicle is a 2016 Nissan Titan.  Just guessing, but payload capacity towing an Elite II could be an issue....?

• Thanks 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

8 minutes ago, Rivernerd said:

How much does it weigh, installed?

approx. 300lbs....my 2500HD has a payload/cargo capacity of 3658lbs

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

it's a Titan XD, so payload is 2.5K pounds..and tow capacity is around 12K, it tows the Oliver pretty easily.   it has the 6 speed Aisin Tranny that's used on the Dodge 3500, I believe.  Of course, I'm a grandpa-like  driver and don't blare through the gears too quickly.

Open Tray, but if I make one, i'll probably come up with some divider system..mainly for camping  or golf clubs, but something i can pull out easily when i haul brush or garden stuff.

The XD has been pretty a good truck, knock on wood, but they have discontinued them. One thing, is I prefer to stick w/ diesel, but we'll have to see how these EGRs develop as well as the hybrids (such from Toyota). 

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel

16 hours ago, Vector - Lanham said:

and tow capacity is around 12K, it tows the Oliver pretty easily. 

As I expect you know, towing capacity does not tell the whole story, since it presumes nothing but a 150 lb. driver in the tow vehicle.  Payload is what counts when both towing a trailer and hauling gear in the pickup.

That said, your 2500 lb. payload capacity should allow you to add a 300 lb. bed slide without pushing the payload limit, presuming you don't carry too much other stuff.  The Elite II tongue weight takes up between 500 and 600 lbs. of your payload capacity.  Add 300 lbs. for the bed slide and you are still not over 1K lbs., leaving about 1500 lbs. capacity for passengers and other stuff.

A 300 lb. bed slide in my 2019 Tundra, with only 1450 lb. total payload, would not leave enough capacity to work for us.

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg