A Bedside Convenience Shelf and Cupholder

jd1923

Initially I was thinking of a bedside cupholder, something to hold a drink cup or water bottle when in bed. Then we had our second camping experience, and I found my bed was filled with A/V remotes, my cell phone and water bottle! On Chris' side, she had a book, reading glasses and more stuff, with nowhere to put anything!

This is what I came up with after numerous design thoughts, and measurements while holding the shelf in place when seated in the "watching TV position" (a later upgrade will be a proper headboard that OTT should truly consider). So many comforts are missing in this Oliver TT!

Later hopefully tomorrow, I will show this build installed... 

Oliver Bedside Shelves.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• The title was changed to A Bedside Convenience Shelf and Cupholder
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I'm liking the re-purposing of the bike water bottle racks!  SMART!  😎

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

8 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

I'm liking the re-purposing of the bike water bottle racks!  SMART!  😎

Yep, it looks like a bike water bottle, but I purchased these and removed the magnets (always save extra parts for future project!): Amazon.com: Magnetic Cup Holder, Durmmur SUS 304 Stainless Steel Magnetic Cup Caddy, Magnetic Drink Holder for Tractor Mower Truck School Bus Refrigerator Treadmill,Magnet Can Holder on Metal Surface(1Pack White) : Home & Kitchen

The shelves used are these: Amazon.com: Z metnal White Wall Shelves, Small Corner Floating Bathroom Shelf, Lack Slim Metal Decor Display Modern Long Shelves for Action Figure Collection, Wall Mounted, Rustic, 16 x 5 inch, 2 Pack : Home & Kitchen

And the L-brackets, needed a light-weight bracket are these: Amazon.com: WINKER Corner Brace 8Pcs Shelf Bracket Heavy Duty White Steel L WINKER Corner Brace, Decorative Joint Angle Bracket for Shelf 5 InchX3 Inch Shelves Wall Hanging Bracket with Screws(16PCS)) : Tools & Home Improvement

Got cold today, so got the furnace running so the tape would stick nicely. Put a 2x4 behind the shelf so that both sides would be mounted equally deep, street and curbside. Also used another 2x4 as a jig to keep the shelf about 8" behind the light and centered to the upper cabinet. This shelf is designed for use while camping, not for use as extra storage while towing. It turned out rather nice, can't wait to give them a try next week!

Bedside Shelf and Cupholder.jpg

• Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!