Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/22/2017 in Posts

  1. Another successful state map update :) Then last night we spent the night in the Superstition Mountains at the Lost Dutchman Campground, thinking that I would be taking the car in for an engine light that appeared yesterday in the 100°+ weather... But I started the car this morning and it was normal again :) <span style="line-height: 1.5;">[attachment file=47928] [attachment file=47919]</span> [attachment file=47922]
    1 point
  2. 1 point
  3. Yup, the finger nail polish sealed it right up :)
    1 point
  4. Good grief Bill, If I had know what strees it would create, I would have elected to keep pushing that truck down the road. No, we created our own special stress by deciding to sell the farm and move half way across the country. Blacksburg, VA here we come. Stan
    1 point
  5. I'm relatively new to this retirement thing, i have to keep my eye on you more "experienced" retirees, make sure I get it right!
    1 point
  6. Be careful! Be very careful! Retirement is not all that it is made up to be. I'm guessing that you have not yet considered the STRESS. Just think about this for a moment - when you worked you knew exactly what you were going to do each and every day. You knew where you were going to go, what you were going to wear, who you would see and meet and probably just about what you would eat. Now, each day is met with a bunch of decisions. It just one decision after another. Constantly, decision, decision, decision - never ending! Stress, stress, stress! What time do I get up, what time do I take a nap, what do I eat, when do I eat, what do I wear, where do I go, what do I do, where did I put my beer? All must be answered (or not) - it simply is almost too much to think about. However, those of us that have taken this "retirement path" must learn to adjust and simply force ourselves to live with all this stress so that others can go on with their happy working lives (and paying into those "entitlements" that were so hard earned) without having to endure this "pain" we suffer. Welcome to the "STRESS" club! Bill
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Year In
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Scott and Nancy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Skynyrd earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Vish earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Dean and Mary earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • dkeen earned a badge
      One Year In
    • FirstApex went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Pat Radack went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information