A suggestion to Truma about the Aventa A/C....

I recently sent a suggestion email to service@trumacorp.com concerning the Aventa A/C system. While I'm pleased with system, I do not like the fact that the fan runs continuously if the A/C is turned on.  I would like to it run like a household system where you can put the fan in the "auto" setting where it only comes on if the compressor is working, or the "on" position where the fan runs continuously. My hopes are this, if enough other Oliver owners feel the same way and let Truma know, then maybe they can come up with some kind of firmware update for their system.  This is definitely not a critical issue, but if others feel the same then truma might have some more motivation. I included what I sent to them and their response.

Hi, I recently bought an Oliver RV. I ordered it with the Truma Aquago comfort, Varioheat furnace, and Aventa air conditioning system. So, needless to say I trust the Truma product line. All three components have performed well. I do, as a consumer, have a request or an idea for not only myself but many other friends I have here in your North America district would like to share with you. Unanimously, everyone I have spoke with that has the Aventa air conditioning system would like some type of firmware update that would allow the option to have the blower or fan to cycle off and on as the compressor is needed. Having the fan noise continuously run can be somewhat disruptive during the night while sleeping and also mask the sounds of nature that we enjoy while camping.  Again, I love the Aventa A/C system but would like the option for the fan to be like a household system were you can put the fan on AUTO or ON. I encourage any feedback from you on this and look forward to what can be done.

Thanks,
Mike

Their response:

Hi Mike.

Thank you for your suggests. They are good ones. I have forwarded this on to our product development team.

Best Regards,
Melissa Ettline
Customer Care Associate

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Legacy II hull # 1446 "The Scout" . Lithium Pro Solar Package, twin bed 

2020 Ram 3500 4x4 dually w/ 6.7 Cummins, 

Ham radio callsigns     N4BBQ and KO4KSU (Jill)

ALARFLGAILINIAKYMSMONCSCTNVAmed.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

I think this would be an interesting mod. We are not bothered by the sound of the fan, but have noticed, under some circumstances, that the humidity of the air exiting the vents of the Truma becomes very humid when the compressor clicks off. It generally occurs when it is not very hot but very humid outside and the compressor cycles on for only a short time. Of course the dehumidify mode quickly lowers the humidity, but also causes the temperature to plunge. I suspect that if the blower turn off when the compressor cycled off this humidity burst would not be an issue. 

• Like 2

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

8 hours ago, Mike and Jill said:

Unanimously, everyone I have spoke with that has the Aventa air conditioning system would like some type of firmware update that would allow the option to have the blower or fan to cycle off and on as the compressor is needed.

The Houghton group have the same feelings about the same situation as yours.  The installation of a relay to shut down the fan with the compressor has resulted in a vast improvement.  

I have to wonder if the Aussie Engineer at Houghton moonlights for the Aventa folks.  If so that would explain the twin disasters.  The other issue the Houghton's have is that it does not have a remoted T-stat.  We have a solution successfully implemented with the SOB's, but routing is still being worked in our OE2's for the thermistor to bring the Houghton up to world class.  

GJ

PS:  Several of us  OTT owners will be working the thermistor solution over the summer.

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Only if there is still an option to still have the fan run continuously. None of you have heard Deb snore! (Well, maybe some of you within four or five sites of us at last year's rally...) 

• Haha 5

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg.d9d6547ab1cd0cc5803e63d1a54214de.jpg

@Mike and Jill

I called and spoke to a super nice Truma customer service rep named Sherry. She said that there are no plans to update the Truma Aventa AC fan to cycle off after the unit has cooled the interior down. According to Sherry, it is necessary for the Truma fan to continually run to enable the internal thermostat to measure and monitor interior temperature. So no change in the works. Honestly the low speed fan running does not bother us. We really are happy with our Truma. 

Other info:
I asked if Truma was going to sell or incorporate a soft start for the 13.5 Aventa? She said no, that installing a soft start would cancel out any remaining warranty.  

Happy Cool Travels!

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

Thanks, @Patriot. The noise isn't a deal breaker, but it would be nice if the fan cycled. :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 2

2023 Legacy II hull # 1446 "The Scout" . Lithium Pro Solar Package, twin bed 

2020 Ram 3500 4x4 dually w/ 6.7 Cummins, 

Ham radio callsigns     N4BBQ and KO4KSU (Jill)

ALARFLGAILINIAKYMSMONCSCTNVAmed.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mike and Jill said:

Thanks, @Patriot. The noise isn't a deal breaker, but it would be nice if the fan cycled. :classic_biggrin: 

You are welcome, just passing it forward. Surely there are trade offs. We originally had the “Demoinc” aka Dometic AC Penguin which was just way too loud for us. We like to be able to listen to music, talk in the phone and each other or stream a movie. We are so glad we had the Truma retro fit professionally installed by Oliver. No complaints here with our Truma. 😊

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg