Dometic FreshJet AC

Has there been any info on the Dometic FreshJet AC installs? I couldn't find the posts. Thought there were two owners that switched.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

The Fresh Jet is next on my list of mods.  I would also like to hear about any reports on how well it works in an Oliver.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

The Fresh Jet is next on my list of mods.  I would also like to hear about any reports on how well it works in an Oliver.  Mike

I will likely do this upgrade too; this fall or early next year. Tempting when I see this unit at a good price, and I'll bet we can find an even better price online: Amazon.com: Dometic FreshJet 3 Series, RV Standard Mechanical Rooftop Air Conditioner, 13.5K BTU, White : Automotive

Mike, it appears this is a plug-n-play install that you and a strong guy (for me that's my son Adam) could do in a comfortable afternoon, a couple beers, ...

BTW, when we did a like install on a Class-C, Adam went up on the roof, after I disconnected the mounting bolts from inside. Ours was an old jammed unit, so I told Adam, just throw it off the roof but don't hit anything but the gravel drive. WE hauled the new one up using an extension ladder and a simple pull cable.

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

Posted (edited)

Guys, what about going with a 12vDC unit?  Gulp!  Check out the price point...

https://www.heatso.com/nomadic-cooling-x2-12v-air-conditioner/?sku=NOMADIC-X2-AC&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwi_exBhA8EiwA_kU1MidS24vXj3sqyB_IbNvdypAT2fzLkCpHBNhGwt8ncayck4fxVxYXZxoCV7sQAvD_BwE

Nomadic is located in AZ - they've got some great YouTube vids of side-by-side comparison their db levels to other brands powered by AC... just a thought.

Edited by MAX Burner
added detail...
  • Wow 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

16 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

I think 2 have. There are something's that were different during installs. One person opted not to reuse the condensate lines. They didn't want to break a seal and add another gasket. One reused the inner portion, while another replaced the upper (outside) and inner. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

15 hours ago, jd1923 said:

I will likely do this upgrade too; this fall or early next year. Tempting when I see this unit at a good price, and I'll bet we can find an even better price online: Amazon.com: Dometic FreshJet 3 Series, RV Standard Mechanical Rooftop Air Conditioner, 13.5K BTU, White : Automotive

Mike, it appears this is a plug-n-play install that you and a strong guy (for me that's my son Adam) could do in a comfortable afternoon, a couple beers, ...

BTW, when we did a like install on a Class-C, Adam went up on the roof, after I disconnected the mounting bolts from inside. Ours was an old jammed unit, so I told Adam, just throw it off the roof but don't hit anything but the gravel drive. WE hauled the new one up using an extension ladder and a simple pull cable.

Appears 2 have replaced with the FreshJet, but they did things differently. As noted in another comment, one didn't reuse the condensate lines and the one chose to reuse the inside part while the other replaced the entire unit on the roof and inside

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Guys, what about going with a 12vDC unit?  Gulp!  Check out the price point...

Nomadic is located in AZ - they've got some great YouTube vids of side-by-side comparison their db levels to other brands powered by AC... just a thought.

Yeah, price-point $3k vs. one, would not be in our budget! I wonder why so many want 12v appliances? Perhaps there is something I do not understand on this. We use our inverter whenever needed and alone it only takes an amp, maybe 1.5A.

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!