Furrion Stereo

Today at a campground, I turned off the 30amp at the power pole, and forgot the stereo and TV were still on. Got to the Rally and my wife tried to turn on the stereo and TV. The stereo is black, on/off button is still in. Checked the fuse and it looked good. Tried the reset and nothing. Spoke to Furrion Technical Support. Pulled the wiring harness and tried the multimeter and prongs were to big to make contact. 12 volt outlets work so I'm getting 12 volt. Any ideas?

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
Posted (edited)

I am guessing you have this on board, but just in case you don't.  Can you use a paperclip to get into the harness connector for measurement?  From the manual, appears to be an inline fuse in the cable????  

(Would be nice if we had schematics....😖Sorry - just had to add this)

image.thumb.jpeg.b25b17e2059da6fa0bb08764ab68b99c.jpeg

Edited by Jim and Frances
typo
  • Like 2

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

• Moderators
2 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

Any ideas?

I often use a paper clip or any other small conductor for testing.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

38 minutes ago, mossemi said:

I often use a paper clip or any other small conductor for testing.

Mossey

👍

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

My wife said that when I cut power at the post, the TV went off but the stereo stayed on. Since the stereo operates off 12 volt that makes sense. She turned it off and we left. At the rally it wouldn't turn on. I will look for paper clips

21 hours ago, mossemi said:

My TV is 12v.  Is yours 120v?

Mossey

120v. Steve has the small tips, and he said he would come down to my site. I did file a ticket and I believe Mile Sharp said there was no inline fuse.

On 5/14/2024 at 1:33 PM, Jim and Frances said:

I am guessing you have this on board, but just in case you don't.  Can you use a paperclip to get into the harness connector for measurement?  From the manual, appears to be an inline fuse in the cable????  

(Would be nice if we had schematics....😖Sorry - just had to add this)

image.thumb.jpeg.b25b17e2059da6fa0bb08764ab68b99c.jpeg

I submitted a ticket to Oliver and Mike Sharp replied back that the only fuse is the #10 in the fuse box, no inline fuse. I'm going to talk to Steve Landrum, he has smaller prongs, so we will check. I will look at the backside to look for another fuse.

• Like 1

Similar issue I think. Stereo went black between campgrounds. There is a 15Amp fuse that the schematic shows. I pulled the fuse which was fine. Then using my multimeter I checked wire #15 at the plug, black to #16, red to #15. I was getting 13+ volts at the harness so all was good there. I also submitted a ticket with Oliver but they referred me to Furrion. The number in my manual to Furrion is no longer valid. At some point Lippert bought out Furrion so I contacted Lippert. After a short wait the tech told me since I have power past the fuse it is an internal issue. Mine is in a 2022 LEII so it's out of warranty. They don't stock parts so their best advice was buy another one. Would love to fine one that fit the same hole in the trailer but was made in America instead of China. I told the guy although it's been over a year as far as date, the actual unit probably only has about 6 months of use. He said he understood.

He sent me the link to order a new one, $367.95 is hard for me to justify for a 6 month product. Im hoping yours was just the fuse. 

• Sad 1

2021 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel, SRW, 4WD.  2022 Oliver LEII, Hull #1014.

UPDATE: Turns out there were 2 loose wires dangling under the dinette at the fuse box. I connected the pink wire and the Furrion Stereo came on. However there is a dangling sky blue wire.

Front of fuse panel has 1st eleven slots filled with fuses #12 was empty, and #13 had a #5 brown fuse.

On the backside of the panel, the 1st 13 places had connected wires. Then there is a dangling sky blue wire.

Anyone with a 2022 E2 could someone check their fuse box front and rear and see where the sky blue wire would be connected. It would have to be slot #14, #15, etc. 

Thanks,

John

PXL_20240516_210503682.jpg

17 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

However there is a dangling sky blue wire.

I don't know whether you bought this new or used. I buy mostly used vehicles and there are often wires disconnect for various reasons. I have disconnected wires at a fuse box intentionally when I retire some device, but then I would also label and tape down the wire. You really want to know what it is that you are connecting.

Given you bought this new, you would think all wires should be connected. However, the wire could be from a standard wire harness for an option you did not purchase. The only way these would get disconnected is from somebody working down there or perhaps placing something lose in the area. These spade terminals do not fall off by themselves from regular use of the trailer.

If you want to connect this without knowing what the wire powers, it does not matter to which terminal it is connected. It's all a 12V bus bar. What matters is the amperage of the connected fuse. Without knowing what it powers, it would be impossible to know the correct fuse amperage. Are slots #14 or #15 labeled with fuses inserted? That would help to determine purpose.

Perhaps somebody, not only with a 2022 model, but with the same 12V accessories you ordered, can help. I suggest opening a Service Ticket, providing this picture, asking first the purpose so the panel can be labeled properly and then where it should be inserted.

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
On 5/16/2024 at 4:55 PM, John Dorrer said:

However there is a dangling sky blue wire.

That looks like a crimp on cap on the blue wire, which tells me that it is not a dangling wire but one that was terminated during installation.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On 5/17/2024 at 10:57 PM, mossemi said:

That looks like a crimp on cap on the blue wire, which tells me that it is not a dangling wire but one that was terminated during installation.

Mossey

Mossey, yep, Mile Sharp confirmed it is capped and not live. Sorry we didn't get to visit at the Rally. How is the Proven Industries puck lock working?

On 5/17/2024 at 11:11 AM, jd1923 said:

I don't know whether you bought this new or used. I buy mostly used vehicles and there are often wires disconnect for various reasons. I have disconnected wires at a fuse box intentionally when I retire some device, but then I would also label and tape down the wire. You really want to know what it is that you are connecting.

Given you bought this new, you would think all wires should be connected. However, the wire could be from a standard wire harness for an option you did not purchase. The only way these would get disconnected is from somebody working down there or perhaps placing something lose in the area. These spade terminals do not fall off by themselves from regular use of the trailer.

If you want to connect this without knowing what the wire powers, it does not matter to which terminal it is connected. It's all a 12V bus bar. What matters is the amperage of the connected fuse. Without knowing what it powers, it would be impossible to know the correct fuse amperage. Are slots #14 or #15 labeled with fuses inserted? That would help to determine purpose.

Perhaps somebody, not only with a 2022 model, but with the same 12V accessories you ordered, can help. I suggest opening a Service Ticket, providing this picture, asking first the purpose so the panel can be labeled properly and then where it should be inserted.

New, hit a big bump and the stereo wire came loose. All is good.

• Sad 1