Optional Furrion Shore Power Connector Loose

Posted (edited)

I drug our Ollie out of the RV barn for some much needed cleaning, and noticed that the Furrion shore power connection was pulled away from the doghouse, and had one missing screw, with another about to fall out.  The gel coat around the upper two screw holes had several cracks.  As we have never used that connection, I can only assume something happened before we purchased.

I was disappointed ☹️ to discover that wood screws were used in the thin fiberglass of the lower doghouse, without any backing.  I will replace all four screws with similar size stainless machine screws, washers, and nylock nuts.  I’m pretty sure I have some in my boat fastener bin.

It might be worthwhile to take a quick look at your connector if you have that option.

Edited by Wandering Sagebrush
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators

Our 2008 connection is not furrion. Don't know about future years. 

Could this have been a previous owner mod?

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Ours is Furrion, front and streetside, and look to be original. I had to replace my streetside receptacle due to the threaded plastic portion had cracked into pieces. I used the wood screws supplied since I had no cracking and they snugged nicely. I certainly agree with machine screws and Nylock nuts, but harder to reach under the dinette and behind the EMS, etc. The front one is a no-brainer as the back is visible with doghouse removed. The part was $160 or so on e-Trailer.

Furrion Shore Power Outlet.jpg

• Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

11 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Our 2008 connection is not furrion. Don't know about future years. 

Could this have been a previous owner mod?

Both of our connectors are Furrion, like the one that @jd1923 replaced.

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

14 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

I drug our Ollie out of the RV barn for some much needed cleaning, and noticed that the Furrion shore power connection was pulled away from the doghouse, and had one missing screw, with another about to fall out.  The gel coat around the upper two screw holes had several cracks.  As we have never used that connection, I can only assume something happened before we purchased.

I was disappointed ☹️ to discover that wood screws were used in the thin fiberglass of the lower doghouse, without any backing.  I will replace all four screws with similar size stainless machine screws, washers, and nylock nuts.  I’m pretty sure I have some in my boat fastener bin.

It might be worthwhile to take a quick look at your connector if you have that option.

If the cracks are bad, you could take to marine place and have them repair the fiberglass. Just an idea.

• Like 1

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNYimage.jpeg.9e7303babcb28d7f6badb799734c6e44.jpeg

19 minutes ago, John Dorrer said:

If the cracks are bad, you could take to marine place and have them repair the fiberglass. Just an idea.

Or repair it quickly yourself! Artist not required to fill and drill 4 holes.

• Thanks 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

I don’t think it’s worth it to repair the cracks, they’re not that big.  If they start to run or flake, I’ll deal with it then.  @jd1923 thanks for the reminder on Marinetex.  I left my stash in the CDory when I sold it… time to get a new batch.

• Like 1

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L