Truma Aqua Glow Comfort Hot Water Heater

We have a 2020 Legacy Elite II with a Truma water heater. This spring, we are unable to get it to heat the water. There are no warning codes on the panel or on the water heater. When you turn the water heater switch and panel switch to on, and watch the water heater, you can see the flame start. Hot air blows out. It will start and stop two or three times. Then when you go into the camper and turn on the hot water faucet, the water never gets hot. When you go look at the water heater, it looks like the flame is not starting and no hot air is being blown out. I would have decalcified it but we do not have any decalcification tablets. The propane stove and furnace work great.

Does anybody have any experience or ideas with this? 

Thanks much, in advance!

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Thanks Ray! I thought I had tried both the open and bypass modes. However, I decided to try and turn the valve more to the right and it did turn more. I was afraid of breaking it off with my pliers. When I turned it more to the right, I finally did get hot water! Oliver refers to a lever or handle on the valve. It would be nice if there actually was a lever or handle on that valve but alas there in fact, is NO handle or lever. I have always used a pliers. Guess I better submit a ticket Oliver to get me that valve handle/lever! Thanks again!

There is a green LED light directly above the Truma Exterior switch.  
That LED glows green when all is ok.  
It flashes a code if something is wrong.

You could then look up the code in the Truma manual or here:

truma-operating-instructions-error-codes-water-aquago-us-en-ca-fr-mx-es.pdf

If your LED is glowing solid green and you're only seeing very lightly warmed water then the issue could be as follows:

Check: 
Make sure the street side outside shower valves are both actually turned all the way off.
The shower head has a on/off push button so while it may appear the water is off, if t's simply off at the shower head and those valves are on the hot and cold side water are mixing in the lines and the water heater will not heat up the supply.

Reason this happens:

Often this happens when owners flush the system of the winter antifreeze or after winter storage.  They forget to turn OFF both valves on the shower because there wasn't any water coming out of the shower wand.  (Because it's locked in the off position).

Craig Short

Galway Girl - Hull 505

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Brian Z said:

... I decided to try and turn the valve more to the right and it did turn more. I was afraid of breaking it off with my pliers. When I turned it more to the right, I finally did get hot water! 

On a 1/4 turn valve it should turn 90 degrees by hand, w/o requiring pliers. If you are sure you are in the 90-degree range, use your pliers and move it hard and quickly back and forth, stop to stop. There could be sediment in there. If you cannot free it up nicely, replace it with a higher quality valve. Or be removing the valve maybe it can be cleaned up inside. Hope this helps!

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

1 hour ago, Brian Z said:

Thanks Ray! I thought I had tried both the open and bypass modes. However, I decided to try and turn the valve more to the right and it did turn more. I was afraid of breaking it off with my pliers. When I turned it more to the right, I finally did get hot water! Oliver refers to a lever or handle on the valve. It would be nice if there actually was a lever or handle on that valve but alas there in fact, is NO handle or lever. I have always used a pliers. Guess I better submit a ticket Oliver to get me that valve handle/lever! Thanks again!

@Brian Z It should turn 90 degrees. I have a 2020 also. Check around in that space around the heater for the lever. Mine vibrated loose a year or so ago and I was able to find it and put it back on. 

Edited by Ray Kimsey
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676