Water System Valve Diagram (Am I boondocking crazy?)

Admissions - in order to get them out of the way.:

(1) No we didn’t test the fresh tanks / pump before leaving.

(2). Yes we did realize that at least one park had no water at the site and we would need it.

Now to the am I crazy part.

Please see the image below

.IMG_3913.thumb.jpeg.99149171743707e45222784ad7083e2a.jpeg

If you look at the photo above am I in boodocking configuration or normal configuration?

For whatever reason, when I have the valves in Boondocking configuration as shown on the chart, I can’t get water from the fresh tank.

In a fit of frustration I reversed everything and it primed, filled the accumulator, and started working great..

I have never had this type of problem with simple line diagrams. Altitude induced hypoxia?

Current: 2023 Oliver Elite II - Hull #1364 "Reset 2.0" (Second Owner)
Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"
Original: 2022 Oliver Elite I - Hull #1030 "Reset" (For Sale)
Original Tow Vehicle: 2022 Subaru Ascent "Blue Moose"
Home Base: Duncanville, TX

spacer.png

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
11 minutes ago, Ray Kimsey said:

Picture is showing normal configuration.

That’s my thought - but I can guarantee that the water pump is pulling from the fresh tank. There is no city water hookup within 3/4 of a mile.

Tow Vehicle: 2023 Ford F-150 XLT 3.5L EcoBoost /w 3.55 axle and Max Tow Package "SIlver"

spacer.png

Correct, normal configuration would pull water from the fresh tank. The boondocking configuration is to pump water into the fresh tank from the inlet on the curbside (starboard) rear of the camper.  In case you are boondocking and you need to "add" water to the fresh tank. I have several 5 gallon containers I can put water in and then pump the water from them into the fresh tank.  Does that make sense?

• Like 4

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676

Ok - so city water connection and fresh tank configuration are the same.  (Facepalm)

Have been traveling with our LE I for two years and somehow this never sank in. I keeping getting wrapped around the double axles on this LE II.

yep - I blame the altitude. Hypoxia for sure. I need to go start making controversial posts on Facebook 🙂

• Like 4

spacer.png

11 hours ago, DunnYet said:

Ok - so city water connection and fresh tank configuration are the same.  (Facepalm)

Another way to think of it:  The "Boondocking" configuration is only for when you need to add water to the fresh tank from the rear inlet when boondocking  (i.e., you do not have access to a "city water" connection).  "Normal" configuration is for when you need to use water from either the fresh tank or a city water connection, regardless of whether you have a water hookup or are "boondocking" at the time of use.

• Like 4

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

20 hours ago, DunnYet said:

No we didn’t test the fresh tanks / pump before leaving.

The City Water hose connection is to use sinks/toilet directly.

Prior to Boondocking, at your last water source, you must connect the supply hose to the Fresh Tank connection to fill your fresh tank. The City Water connection will not do this.

With a full Fresh Tank and the valves pictured above in the Normal position, your water pump should pull from the Fresh Tank for use. Perhaps you missed the fill step and if so you will have to drive for water.

• Like 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

41 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

With a full Fresh Tank and the valves pictured above in the Normal position, your water pump should pull from the Fresh Tank for use. Perhaps you missed the fill step and if so you will have to drive for water.

All working - we had filled the tanks. I just got it in my head that I needed to switch the valves to pull from the tank. Not sure where that came from except a combination of our longest drive day, a thirty minute plus standstill after a wreck closed our only route, and just not having done a dry camp in a year or two.

I sat there doing the prime step ( silver lining - was able to remove a thimble full of plastic shavings from the filter ) with the valves in boondock position. Finally in frustration switched back to normal and everything primed water started flowing etc. 

I then decided to etch my stupidity in stone by making this post questioning the diagram on the bench cover back. I seem to be determined to make the switch from the LE I to the LE II as traumatic as possible I guess. Have not even started my post on Truma Heaters and Truma Water Heaters and error codes that I never saw on my LE I. But I am making sure I have all my ducks on the same pond before posting that. (Gave up on ducks in a row long ago.)

• Like 3

spacer.png

2 hours ago, DunnYet said:

... combination of our longest drive day, a thirty minute plus standstill after a wreck closed our only route...

This part always gets me too! The feeling of "FINALLY" getting to your stop, after a road trip with bad weather and white knuckles. And I'll drive 30 miles longer on a back road not to get nerved up from standstill traffic as well. Must be my city roots. Glad to see you're up and running. Enjoy the boondocking in the mountains while you can! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!