OTT does not track repairs via the Hull Numbers

While at OTT Jason and I were talking about using the hull numbers to track service tickets.  Unless I misunderstand him, and he seemed pretty clear, they have no way in their system to track repairs via the hull numbers.  The numbers are "more for the owners", than OTT themselves.  They "currently" pretty much track only via the owner's name.  So, if you sell a trailer, the next owner would need to know your name, and likely have their database updated.  I would think they have all the VIN numbers too.  Since the VIN numbers no longer correspond with the hull numbers, it's not as easy now to use the hull #s. 

The VINs have "rotated" back around with new suffix numbers so they can no longer use the last 3 or 4 for the hull #s.  

Maybe many of you knew this already.

BLUF:  If we say we own hull # blank, it means nothing to OTT.  They key on our name only, or mostly.  They're just for us "fun monkeys" to use.

Do you think Hull #s should be put on the back of Ollies by default?  That would be a fun poll to run on FB.

Edited by Wayfinder
Because I can't spell and I don't proof read well enough!
  • Thanks 4
  • Wow 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

I did my career at Honda of America, Mfg in Ohio.   We of course tracked every units build and history with the V.I.N..    I thought Oliver was doing the same with the Elite and Elite II builds, using either the "hull number" or some other identifier...  but I realized when they sent out the mass-mailings on the Bulldog hitch recall that they weren't doing anything at all like that.   THEY upgraded my hitch from the 2" / 7000 lb Bulldog to the 2 5/16" / 12,500 lb version.   Even though they had done this... they sent me a recall notice.   If their build records were complete... this would have been unnecessary.   Evidently, at some point in their production run... there was some 5,000 lb Bulldog hitches that had gotten inadvertently installed.   Maybe even just one??   But because they couldn't ascertain the production window where they KNEW there were good parts... they had to go back and check all or nearly all of them, because the risk was just too great.    I suspect that this has shined a light on why they might want to be doing something like this going forward.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

Odd that they don't use hull numbers for tracking since that's probably the easiest/most obvious way. Owner name would be the least efficient, for reasons @Wayfinder stated. While I wouldn't mind having our hull number on the back, I'm sure others prefer their anonymity. 

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

When we ordered our Oliver in 2020 we opted out of the Hull # rear display. 
I ordered and installed this custom graphic in the front for a quick glance while we are camped.

IMG_0454.thumb.jpeg.15342b6f8f9766f1533da540fd2d4d03.jpeg

We finally decided on the name “XPLOR” on the rear as it’s just how we roll.😊🇺🇸

IMG_1287.thumb.jpeg.b8b72dea4428bf06f03ce245dd689846.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg