Xantrex Error Code 20

When preparing our 2022 Elite II for a weekend outing, I found error code [20] displayed on the inverter remote panel.  When an inverter reboot produced no change, I consulted the section of the Oliver Owner's Manual Optional features book which addresses our Xantrex Freedom XC Pro 3000 watt inverter.  To my dismay, Error Code 20 does not appear in the table of error codes.  Codes 1-19, and then 21 are listed, along with their respective meanings, but not Code 20!

Since I was at home with good internet access, I checked the Oliver Knowledge Base.  Sure enough, Xantrex Error Code 20 is covered in detail there.  Included are instructions for resetting the inverter to clear Error Code 20.  I followed those instructions.  They worked.

I hope this post helps someone else who encounters Error Code 20.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 9

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
13 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

I checked the Oliver Knowledge Base.  Sure enough, Xantrex Error Code 20 is covered in detail there. 

Would you mind adding the direct link to this thread?  

I have tried tracing various Knowledge Base information from older posts, only to find the information missing, but it still might be helpful. I use the Knowledge Base a lot, as I continue to learn about the OTT. 

Also related to the Xantrex manual and codes: OTT Service department and I both tried to find the definition of "nAt" to no avail. I will make a separate post for that issue, but wanted to note it here.

• Like 2

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

2024.04.29 - ALAZARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYBBBBBBsm.jpg

9 hours ago, Boudicca908 said:

Would you mind adding the direct link to this thread?  

I believe this is it.

https://support.olivertraveltrailers.com/portal/en/kb/articles/xantrex-inverter-error-20

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

On 7/17/2024 at 9:35 PM, Rivernerd said:

When preparing our 2022 Elite II for a weekend outing, I found error code [20] displayed on the inverter remote panel.  When an inverter reboot produced no change, I consulted the section of the Oliver Owner's Manual Optional features book which addresses our Xantrex Freedom XC Pro 3000 watt inverter.  To my dismay, Error Code 20 does not appear in the table of error codes.  Codes 1-19, and then 21 are listed, along with their respective meanings, but not Code 20!

Since I was at home with good internet access, I checked the Oliver Knowledge Base.  Sure enough, Xantrex Error Code 20 is covered in detail there.  Included are instructions for resetting the inverter to clear Error Code 20.  I followed those instructions.  They worked.

I hope this post helps someone else who encounters Error Code 20.

Rivernerd,

I am also troubled with the Error Code 20.  I happens in our trailer every time our lithium batteries are significantly discharged (<80% SOC) and we then plug into shore power. I am always able to clear it until the next time we are discharged and then plug into shore power.  I have not done a software update yet.  Did you do the software update? Have you had the problem happen since the update? I have called xantrex several times and never got any useful suggestions. They always want me to check the communication wires between the inverter and the remote display. I have contacted Oliver and they referred me to the same link referenced above.

Thanks Robert and Cheryl

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

21 hours ago, Boudicca908 said:

the definition of "nAt"

See if this helps.

IMG_7041.thumb.png.60e8364dc390d9175db93be0c80cccad.png

• Thanks 1

2020 OLEll, Twin, 579

2012 Silverado 1500 4x4

No installed solar, Renogy 40A DC-DC charger, 460Ah LFP battery bank/Victron SmartShunt, Hughes Autoformer, dual Lagun tables

On 7/18/2024 at 7:49 PM, Rolind said:

I have not done a software update yet.  Did you do the software update? Have you had the problem happen since the update?

Sorry for the late reply, but we were traveling in our Elite II this past weekend!

I did the firmware update.  I have had no [20] inverter error codes since then, but the battery State of Charge also has not dropped below 50% during that time either.  I recommend you do the firmware update.  Available here:

https://xantrex.com/library/firmware-updating/

• Like 3

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

On 7/22/2024 at 11:31 AM, Rivernerd said:

Sorry for the late reply, but we were traveling in our Elite II this past weekend!

I did the firmware update.  I have had no [20] inverter error codes since then, but the battery State of Charge also has not dropped below 50% during that time either.  I recommend you do the firmware update.  Available here:

https://xantrex.com/library/firmware-updating/

Thanks so much for the info. That helps me a lot. We are also traveling and I will update the firmware when we get home

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor