Elite 1 - What are the Solar Panel Dimensions?

1. What was the brand and dimensions of the two original solar panels on a 2015 Elite? 

2. What was the brand and dimensions of the two 115w panels that Oliver installed in later years?

3. What was used to bind the two panels together.

Ive contacted Oliver asking these three questions,  but they were not able to help me.   

The solar panels on my new-to-me 2015 LE1 were knocked-off  when the transporter, who was towing it cross-country from the seller to me, hit a deer.  They are missing.

Originally, there were two 100W panels joined together somehow.  Later model LE1s had two 115w panels (possibly Zamp brand)  joined together.  Now, Oliver installs a single 250w panel.   

The roof brackets are still in place but bent.  There is approximately 40" between the front set of brackets and the back set  There is approximately 25" (drivers side to passenger side) between the brackets in each set.  I do not wish to install new brackets.   So, I am limited to the front-to-back dimension of 40".  The driver's-to-passenger side demension of the panels can vary ,but I do not wish to go wider than the 115w that Oliver installed in later years.

ThanksSolarPanelRoof2.thumb.jpeg.9a08b5fe2f3bee36c558d04e5655accb.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Dirt Duff said:

3. What was used to bind the two panels together.

The 2 Zamp panels on our 2017 LE2 are 160 watt panels.  They are joined together with aluminum angle front and rear.

Mossey

• Like 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderator+
1 hour ago, Dirt Duff said:

Is the aluminum angle a simple "L" -shape?  Or, U-shape channel?

L shaped. 

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Ours is an Elite 2, but also older 2016 hull. Maybe solar on E1 vs. E2 was not different, not sure, but the width is the same, only length differs in the hulls. Your E1 appears to have the same 4 mounts to the roof.

I took some pics recently. If you zoom in on picture Solar3 below you can see the support bar on ours is T-shaped but an L-angle would work fine. I also show measurements. Another pic shows a Zamp serial number. I believe ours are two Zamp 170W panels for 340W total. The 58.25" measurement is the length and the 52.43" is the width of two panels.

This item is likely the current replacement: Amazon.com: Zamp Solar Legacy Series 170-Watt Roof Mount Solar Panel Expansion Kit. Additional Solar Power for Off-Grid RV Battery Charging - KIT1009 : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Not sure why Zamp is so expensive! I would replace with Renogy or Newpowa (bought these for a Class-C and was very happy with them). Hope this helps!

Solar1.jpg

Solar2.jpg

Solar3.jpg

Solar4.jpg

Solar5.jpg

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators

It is 1” x 1” angle or L shaped.  The solar panels are 58-3/8" x 26-3/8” and the angle aluminum is 26" long in the front and rear, centered so that there is 13” of angle on each panel and fitting between each of the stainless steel roof mounts.  The angle is attached to each panel with two 1/4" machine screws that are about 1-1/2” long and a nylon lock nut.

Mossey

• Like 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Dirt Duff said:

Is there a support bar down the middle between the panels also?

No center support, but the 2 panels are bolted to together along the length.

Mossey

1 hour ago, ScubaRx said:

L shaped. 

As usual Steve and @mossemi are correct. It is 1" Aluminum angle. mine measured 25", Mossey wrote 26". There is no reason at all (two) 24" pieces would not work. The T-shape I noticed in the above picture was an illusion seeing the mounting bracket.

I just climbed up and measured. The mounts are 27" center-to-center and if yours measure the same (and about 59.5" front to back) then your installation was likely the same as mine. Good time to CLEAN the roof! 🤣

With these pics you could rebuild yours to match. The two panels do not have a center support. They are just bolted in 5 places, looks like 1/4" HW. Since you're build from scratch, not sure if angle mounts make real sense, but check out this post: HOW TO: Solar panel extension arms. - Ollie Modifications - Oliver Owner Forums (olivertraveltrailers.com)

Solar6.jpg

Solar7.jpg

Solar8.jpg

Solar9.jpg

• Like 2

On 7/27/2024 at 12:46 PM, jd1923 said:

As usual Steve and @mossemi are correct. It is 1" Aluminum angle. mine measured 25", Mossey wrote 26". There is no reason at all (two) 24" pieces would not work. The T-shape I noticed in the above picture was an illusion seeing the mounting bracket.

I just climbed up and measured. The mounts are 27" center-to-center and if yours measure the same (and about 59.5" front to back) then your installation was likely the same as mine. Good time to CLEAN the roof! 🤣

With these pics you could rebuild yours to match. The two panels do not have a center support. They are just bolted in 5 places, looks like 1/4" HW. Since you're build from scratch, not sure if angle mounts make real sense, but check out this post: HOW TO: Solar panel extension arms. - Ollie Modifications - Oliver Owner Forums (olivertraveltrailers.com)

Solar6.jpg

Solar7.jpg

Solar8.jpg

Solar9.jpg

Are the L-shaped aluminum support also bolted to the brackets?  Or, are they just between the brackets? Great info.  Thank you everyone.  

26 minutes ago, Dirt Duff said:

Are the L-shaped aluminum support also bolted to the brackets?  Or, are they just between the brackets? Great info.  Thank you everyone.  

Zoom in on pics #1-2 in my post above. They are bolted separately. You can see one bolt into the bracket and behind that 1 of 4 bolts into the L-support. That’s why I wrote a 24” angle support, commonly available, could be used. 

Edited by jd1923
  • Like 1

• Moderators
On 7/27/2024 at 2:15 PM, mossemi said:

The solar panels are 58-3/8" x 26-3/8” and the angle aluminum is 26" long in the front and rear, centered so that there is 13” of angle on each panel and fitting between each of the stainless steel roof mounts.

Mossey