battery cover keeps popping open while on the road. Had to duct tape it to make it home.

the hinge on the bottom is a little loose but its grommeted in.  moves almost a half inch. so now latch won't even hold it closed.  I'm thinking of bending and fashioning a new one drilling a bolt hole and  bending it in a vice. hope this will work to keep it closed.  Has anyone had a similar problem>

thank you skipster

map states.jpg

ABBCsm.jpg

skip and cyd nielsen  hull #822 Elite     tow vehicle 2017 jeep trailhawk v6 

olivermapstates.jpg.c8bd6cd2cc4fc816b40e3b1f419bc43c.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

I had issues where my battery box actually broke loose along the top mounting flange and had to be repaired.

It sounds like yours is along the bottom.   Maybe send a pix to show the issue?

Craig - Hull 505 

Here's that battery box thread...

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

Skipster,

Please go to your account settings and then click on Signature.

Then enter info on your trailer and tow vehicle, as Craig (Galway Girl) has done.

This really helps those who read your posts understand a bit more about the Trailer or Tow vehicle, and they can give more direct answer or suggestion.
As Craig mentioned, Pictures (see his post) can help people see what you are seeing.

I just finished reading Craig's post on his Battery Box issue and thought of your issue i had read earlier.  Craig is correct, similar but not the same.

Nice fish on your account page, where was that caught?

additional comment

I am having the same issue with the basement door latch raising, but the door stays closed, while under tow. 
The door may be a bit sprung, as it is always dropping to the tether when opened.  But i am not seeing any issue with the rivets at the bottom.
This started on the way to/from ND to AK.  However not enough for the door to open, so i just started locking it.  i need to figure out what the issue is and repair it before our next outing.

Bryan

Edited by SNY SD UP
Gal chg to Girl...
  • Like 4

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

My Visited North America Map

Skipster,

One issue I have with the Battery Tray is one side catches easily when pushing it in, the other side does not and i have to make an additional effort for it to latch properly.
if you have this issue, could that have sprung your Battery Door at the hinge.  

Your post makes me want to examine my Batt Door hinge, when the offending side does not catch.

And Craig's post makes me want to check my rivets on the door sides and monitor going forward.

B~Out

Edited by SNY SD UP
  • Like 3

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

My Visited North America Map

Some pictures of your hinge would be helpful here.  I believe these are rivetted in using aluminum rivets, if I'm not mistaken.  Those are prone to breakage.

• Like 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

• 3 weeks later...

got the latch fixed and on the list will be repairing the battery slide out box which is coming loose too   thank you all for the information on repairs.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

skip and cyd nielsen  hull #822 Elite     tow vehicle 2017 jeep trailhawk v6 

olivermapstates.jpg.c8bd6cd2cc4fc816b40e3b1f419bc43c.jpg