Truma 27 H error code

Could use some expertise.  We are on our first long road trip from South Carolina to Colorado.  It is a bit colder here than at home and for the first time since we picked up the camper. I have used the heater.

On both occasions, I got a 27 H code, this is the error when the unit is overheating.  I know the unit will cool itself and I think it has.  I turned the thermostat down a bit, the error code went off and the unit seems to be heating without further issues..... so far.

I am guessing that it is overheating when first firing up because that is when a lot of the heat is generated.  But it is has me a bit worried.  Before I call Truma or Oliver, I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.  Thanks!

ALARCOFLGAINIAKYMEMIMNMOMTNENYNCNDSCSDTN

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

Check to see if any of the heating ports are blocked and also check the ductwork under the curb side access area for kinked ductwork. You shouldn't be getting any error codes.  It's worth a call to Oliver if everything looks ok.  You might also check to see that there isn't anything blocking the exhaust port on the outside of the trailer. 

• Like 1

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

We have had this issue when something is obstructing the outflow ductwork under the table in the rear of the trailer, like a duffle bag.   If these are unobstructed, then I agree checking for kinks in ductwork is the next step. We leave the rear standard bed set up as a bed and use the area under the bed/table for storage.

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

Make sure that the air direction diverters (in back of the plastic outler coverss) in the air vents are open all the way.

I removed mine diverets from my outlets when I first bought my Ollie.

My Oliver is a 2018, so may this is not helpful.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

Thanks all.  I did check for kinks and found none.  I removed one of the diverters and will see what happens.  I checked the outside port and it seems okay.  I am not sure if I have the right tool with me to take it apart.  It really warmed up today so it might be a bit before I can check further but I will let you know.  I will call Oliver if I can’t figure it out.  Again, thanks.

ALARCOFLGAINIAKYMEMIMNMOMTNENYNCNDSCSDTN

• Moderators

Truma furnace, or water heater?

I'm guessing furnace. Check to make sure air intake is not impaired/blocked .

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.