Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

question for the owners of the newer units with the updated AC's. Our 2018 LEII came with the std Dometic - loud as heck - really obnoxious when trying to sleep. Does anyone have any experience with the newer versions like the 48 v Houghton on the Apex, or the ones on the LEII.  I must admit that Apex looks interesting.

RB

  • Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

 

 

 

 

Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
Posted
On 10/3/2026 at 8:08 AM, BackofBeyond said:

Dometic - loud as heck

I rarely use my AC, due to the noise level. I’m not quite ready to change out my unit, but I hope to personally hear various new units, whether they are standard installs from OTT or upgrades by individual owners. This summer I was surprised by the quiet operation of the Chill Cube installed by @jd1923 in his refurbished Oliver. There are some notes in the forum about different new AC systems, but I think these notes are scattered around. 

  • Like 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel 

my Oliver has camped here

ALAZARCOFLGAIDILIAKSKYLAMSMOMTNENMNCNDOH

 

 

 

 

Posted
On 10/3/2026 at 7:08 AM, BackofBeyond said:

question for the owners of the newer units with the updated AC's. Our 2018 LEII came with the std Dometic - loud as heck - really obnoxious when trying to sleep. Does anyone have any experience with the newer versions like the 48 v Houghton on the Apex, or the ones on the LEII.  I must admit that Apex looks interesting.

RB

We updated our Dometic last year when Oliver was giving a deal on the Truma Adventa units.   My wife hated to spend the money, but she was happy after the unit  was installed.  We have a Lagun table, so it has become the table we eat at, play cards, and holds drinks and snacks while we watch Movies.    The difference was incredible.  We can carry on a normal conversation without raising our voices sitting on the beds at the Lagun table.  Watching a movie is no problem.  Sleeping with the AC on is a little loud, reminds me of staying at hotels with the AC units in the wall. you don't really notice them until all is quiet.  As @Boudicca908 said there is information about different AC units on the forum.  Some have even included -dB noise levels.  

  • Like 2

Early 1999 Ford F250 SD 7.3L Diesel 

2020 Elite II Twin -  Hull # 648

ARCOIDILINKSKYMNMOMTNDOKORSDTNWAWIWYmed.

Posted
3 hours ago, Boudicca908 said:

I rarely use my AC, due to the noise level. I’m not quite ready to change out my unit, but I hope to personally hear various new units, whether they are standard installs from OTT or upgrades by individual owners. This summer I was surprised by the quiet operation of the Chill Cube installed by @jd1923 in his refurbished Oliver. There are some notes in the forum about different new AC systems, but I think these notes are scattered around. 

We have the Houghton (12V) on our 2027 Elite II. Although we do not have anything to compare it to, the Houghton seemed very quiet. You know it is on, but we could easily hold a conversation while it was running.

  • Like 1

Hull # 1735, 2027 Oliver Elite II Platinum, TV-2025 F150 Powerboost Hybrid, FX4

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information