Jump to content

BackofBeyond

Member+
  • Posts

    1,249
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    33

BackofBeyond last won the day on July 15 2021

BackofBeyond had the most liked content!

9 Followers

My Info

  • Gender or Couple
    Couple

My RV or Travel Trailer

  • Do you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, other travel trailer or none?
    I don't own a RV or Travel Trailer
  • Hull #
    359
  • Year
    2018
  • Model
    Legacy Elite II
  • Floor Plan
    Twin Bed Floor Plan

Recent Profile Visitors

91,490 profile views

BackofBeyond's Achievements

Collaborator

Collaborator (7/14)

  • Reacting Well
  • Conversation Starter
  • Dedicated
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post

Recent Badges

1.3k

Reputation

  1. It has been a few, perhaps 3, decades since I have stayed in the park, but I know the rates were not something I thought about. It was not a full service rv spot so maybe that is why. We were tenting then, and thus it was just a simple site. We ended up with a really good bear story. $125 just seems wrong, but I guess the sites are fab, and the demand strong.
  2. I saw that mentioned in another post. Seems I will need to schedule time to drive down to see this new Oliver. Lower price - seems counter to today's world. If I were to design a small Ollie, based upon my owner experience, I doubt it would be cheaper.
  3. Thanks - we did a lot of boondocking, and don't have a problem getting there, gravel, dirt, or whatever. Good point on the class b, 100 grand for a lot less capability. We usually carried extra 10 gal of h2o and had the composting toilet - still undecide on this going forward. The shoulder seasons will be targeted this time around, now that "work" is behind us.
  4. It has been a long time since I have been on the forum. We had 359, 2018, and went a lot of places, really enjoyed the experience but other life choices got in the way, and we let it go to some good folks that were sure to enjoy it. One of the key reasons for selling was the crowds that seemed to be everywhere we went. A few questions for the forum - has the crowding subsided at all, and Wow, the prices now - seems $100k is the entry price for a II, - do the newer owners feel the value is still there from a quality and feature standpoint. I'm really liking most of the changes - and am actually looking at the smaller Elite - but not sure the price differential is worth the downsizing Thanks for any feedback..
  5. Florida, rear view!
  6. Run, bureaucrats everywhere.
  7. the buffet line
  8. I used to experience similar differences, usually it was on the sunny side. I just stopped worrying about it unless it got really hot. As has been stated, I checked the free wheel spin once a year (tire rotation or grease) and no issues. Sometimes we worry about nothing. Verify then enjoy.
  9. It sounds like you don't plan to keep the Oliver more than another 4-5 years. Were it me, I'd go simple - buy the best replacement AGM's - and keep going. The Lifelines are good units. Good Luck. RB
  10. In my experience with anything Dometic - they need competition. Would be my last choice in all cases. But perhaps they have upped their game, I doubt it. RB
  11. Boy Scouts = Hike in, Tents, camping over open fire. California mtns. Long time ago.
  12. I probably would have let the air out of the tires .... 3 inches
  13. All this talk about TV makes me wanna drink .
  14. In my jaded opinion - the best mod is to not need the Anderson - but- as has been stated - just backing of the nut worked fine- with less hassle. I am always amazed at the improvements Oliver owners engineer and develop. Good job folks. RB
  15. Roadlotus, (great name!) First, I'm sorry for your loss. As there are many threads on TV selections - my comments are towards the used preowned car market. While I am not familiar with your area, in general - across the nation pre-owned vehicles are fetching insane prices - in some instances near the price of a new vehicle. For my money, I would not rule out new - if one is available. Not many if any in my area. You say your downsizing to a TT - is that a full time -tour around, or are you going to stay put in a smaller circle of location? I think that makes a difference in your TV choice. If you intend to travel - payload and towing are really important. As for fitting in the garage - your leaving that phase, I would not worry here. The Rivan is a very risky choice - in my opinion- unproven manufacturer, unproven promised performance, and traveling around would be a pain looking for charging all the time. But - that's just my take. Diesel is the way to - but fuel prices are up, but then what isn't. A stout, well equipped 1/2 ton has proven to be a good choice for many - and the WDH certainly helps here - although I hated using mine - so I went to 2500 GMC. At $31K I don't think there will be much worth the asking price - but you have time to be selective. I wish you well in your search. RB
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information