WELCOME TO OLIVER FORUMS !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Doug and my wife's name is Geneva. I just put a deposit on a new Oliver Elite. My wife does not know about it yet. I requested delivery during the last half of September.

We live in Central Texas near Lexington (Highway 77) and have been RV'ers for about 20 years. We now have a 29 ft Arctic Fox fifth wheel that we can no longer afford to tow, so we use it as a guest cottage. We may decide to sell it and the TV, a 2002 Silverado big dually, Duramax, fully equipped to tow safetly.

We are retired and like to RV about 2-4 months per year. Last year we went to the Northwest and took a cruise to Alaska, out of Seattle. With the price of diesel we will likely not use our 5th wheel and I decided to buy an Oliver, after learning about it's existence in Trailer Life. I should be able to pull the Oliver with my Toyota RAV4, V6, with factory tow package, rated to tow 3,500#. Once we get to where we are staying, we can use our Toyota to go see things and get almost 30MPG on the highway on regular gas.

We will pick up our Oliver at the Factory and then take a trip up to the Northeast and New England in the Fall. I look forward to the good economy and the ease of set up on the Oliver.

Anyone who has any advice for us, please feel free to share. We are open to any and all options.