WELCOME TO OLIVER FORUMS !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am going to buy a travel trailer in the near future. I have been doing my research and have narrowed it down to the Casita and Oliver. My question is, I have a 2007 3.8L V6 263 horsepower Kia Sorento. Will my vehicle be able to pull this trailer. I have the draw tite towing package on my Suv. But my towing capacity is only 5,000lbs. Can someone help me. :D

Moderator's note: I believe this is a duplicate post. Please look to "Hello all" for replies. Thanks!

Seadawg/Sherry

Hello Forum members - Terry and Cathie O'Brien, Boulder, Colorado checking in. We just did a rapid transformation from new wannabes (three weeks) to actual newbies, (two days). We had been lurking about the Oliver board after looking at the Casita board and seeing the name Oliver mentioned a couple of times. After checking out the Oliver on line and getting additional information, we thought we would see if we could make it work in the spring of '09 sometime. On this very forum we saw a mention of a few demo models that were priced very attractively. A phone call to Jim Oliver on Dec 31st (he was in Lake Havazu, AZ) transpired into a quick trip to Alburquerque, NM to meet Jim with Oliver Elite #36 on Jan 2nd. Needless to say, we are thrilled about the possibilities going forward. We just got home two hours ago and are reviewing the manuals to see what we need need to know. We are looking forward to meeting you fellow Oliver owners in the future and seeking your advice and experience.

Thanks! Terry and Cathie O'Brien (OB1) and (OB2)

• Moderators

Terry & Cathie,

Congratulations on your new Oliver!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...