Elite II exterior measurement

topgun2

• Moderators

Unfortunately I store Twist at a storage facility that is basically a fenced in field.  Security is OK but there is no cover.  Therefore, I'm looking to purchase a cover and my problem is that Twist is presently at the Mother ship and I need a measurement.  Can anyone give me the distance from the spare tire cover to the base of the propane tank cover?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

hi bill!

we actually ordered a custom cover for our elite II from calmarkcovers.com

here is a screen shot of our measurements.  it's a nice cover, seems like a durable material, easy to put on and very secure.  we've had it for 4 months now and it's holding up well in the hot florida sun.  the fit is not perfect but it serves its purpose.

Screenshot-2016-09-27-18_46_30.png.db5259b8142be1af5e6e24e4c804c455.png

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Bill and Wave1127,

Thanks so much for the help - exactly what I needed.  There is a difference between the two overall measurements - 20' 4" versus 19'.  I suspect that is mainly due to not including the spare tire cover on one versus the other.  But, in any case I do not think it has material impact on an RV cover of this size.

Wave1127 - If you were to order a new one from Calmark what would you do differently to make it "perfect"?  Do you have solar?  If yes, did you use something to pad the edges of the panels prior to putting the cover on?  I was thinking of using "pool noodles" or simple pipe insulation.  Also, do you have a wineguard TV antenna?  Did you do anything to it prior to putting the cover on?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

For those with inquiring minds (and for what its worth) the three measurements of the Legacy Elite II from the front of the propane tank cover to the rear of the spare tire cover that I have so far are:

Rideandfly -               (244")

Wave1127 -                 (243") plus something for the spare tire cover?

Tommy Staggs -        (247 to 249")

Since one must "eyeball" the measurement (unless you want to go to more trouble than it is really worth), all of these measurements are well within the limits necessary for the purpose of either ordering or buying a ready made cover for the Oliver.  As it is said on the CalMark measuring sheet, "Ever try to measure an egg?".

Thanks to all for the help!

Bill