Owners Manual

Mainiac

Wonder if having the owners manual, sent to the new owners, a few months ahead of pick up might be useful. It might let the new owner to be more familiar with the pending product. Let them generate intelligent questions and just maybe eliminate some. It wouldn't need component manuals, maybe something like a quick start guide. Also a list of what will be provided and what the new owner will need to operate and hook up for the first time..

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Canoe12,

Not a bad idea and you should probably mention it to the Sales Staff at Oliver.  I'd be willing to bet that at some point down the road this manual will be available online.  In the meantime, most of the information that a new owner could want can be found here either in the form of a search or by simply asking a question.  Having said this, I still find that every now and again I actually enjoy thumbing through the owner's manual either to refresh my memory on systems that I don't use very often or to stumble over something that I never knew.  Certainly a "quick start" guide would be most welcome.  However, even this is not as easy as one might think given all the options and widely varying owner experience levels that come with each Oliver.

For me, first came the research that led me to the point of ordering my Oliver.  Then came that loooooog wait from the ordering day to the delivery day.  I must have watched Ron Merritt's YouTube video 20 times during that stretch just trying to glean as much information as I could to prepare myself for the delivery.  Would the owner's manual have helped me during this time?  Probably.  But, it still would not have made the wait any shorter.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thank you. Insightful information, for both 'newbies' and experienced owner both. The question came up as someone was discussing fridge on propane. We have always had our fridge on D.C. when hooked up and traveling. We have found that DC would not cool the fridge, but would keep it cold. So we cooled it by running AC or gas before starting, and switched as needed. We would then disconnect the tow vehicle when stopped. Not sure that would be necessary with solar...

The manual is pretty generic, as it says check tire pressure and torque wheel lugs. However it doesn't give the specs.

On the 'pre-flight checklist, it does say hook up to the tow vehicle (TV), and check to see that the fridge is on D.C.. Answers my question I guess, that the fridge is 3 way....

Thanks Buzzy for the manual download... We can make adjustments for model upgrades...

Thanks. I do remember seeing the 90 lbs. torque now, was searching for tire pressure. It just refers to the placard on the front of the unit. Must be that is set  as the weight of the trailer is finished? I will write on the manual recommended pressure(s), as the labels seem to fade with the passage of time, same as me not remembering torque?

Buzzy..studying herd management at UNH? Cuts into camping time doesn't it? Have to go home every night to milk?

Guess you could get miniature belted and take it along. How would "Milking Parlor" look on the back of an Oliver, as a name. Of course it might be taken the wrong way by some. I was thinking if I could find an old Oliver tractor grill to be mounted on the front??

Tractor Show

Wonder if having the owners manual, sent to the new owners, a few months ahead of pick up might be useful. It might let the new owner to be more familiar with the pending product. Let them generate intelligent questions and just maybe eliminate some. It wouldn’t need component manuals, maybe something like a quick start guide. Also a list of what will be provided and what the new owner will need to operate and hook up for the first time..

Like the idea of a "quick start reference and safety guide". We purchased our Ollie used. The original owner probably covered as much as the factory would for us, but it was a lot of information to remember. Found myself going through the owners manual and equipment guides to find some of the information previously reviewed with the original owner.  I'm slowly going through our owners manual and updating with photos and making notes, too. Going to keep a log book of maintenance and upgrades, too.

I was thinking if I could find an old Oliver tractor grill to be mounted on the front??

Speaking of Oliver tractors, while camping in Illinois, a family camping next to us invited us to an antique tractor show and took a photo of a row of Olivers behind this Case:

IMG_4084.thumb.jpg.c7b23ac70fc91a584ed2daa05479236a.jpg

• Thanks 2

LE2

Love the old tractors, but only have two.

Been reading the manual Buzzy downloaded for me. Think it is raising more question (that is a good thing) than it is answering. Like it is confusing how exactly the thermostat inter-reacts with both the fans on the furnace and AC, and is a heatpump what is confusing me? It is nice to see how to finally be able to clean and service furnaces and water heaters. Like he said it only covers his year and expect changes. Hope we are able to get ours early.

• Thanks 1

My feelings are also creeping in about the "passing the baton" by the company.  Also seeing articles on here being "lifted" and relabeled on a Facebook page as new or by another author. Hopefully the company doesn't loose site that this might be a two way learning experience for both company and customer...

• Thanks 1