Battery Monitoring System

geO

Hello folks! I was wondering if anyone has installed the Trimetric 2030 RV battery monitoring system in their Oliver and if so how difficult was the install? I picked one up in Quartzsite for a pretty good price along with the Zamp suitcase panels. I'm very impressed with the performance of the panels and now want to be able to monitor my batteries.

http://www.bogartengineering.com/products/trimetrics.html

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+

I will be installing one for another owner in the next few weeks.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderator+
STEVE, I am very interested in this installation, if you would post pictures and instructions I would be very appreciative, thanks. Steve

Will do.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I've installed 2 in previous 5th wheels, and 1 in a friend's.  I like them.  I've purchased the meter and controller for my Elite II but haven't installed yet.  The only difference is that I got the larger meter rather than the RV slender unit since it will be replacing the existing ZAMP.  It fits into a double gang electrical box, and still it's not wide enough to cover the hole that will be left from the removal of the ZAMP.

My solution will be to get a blank 3 or 4 gang blank to cover the hole, and then cut out a hole for the Bogart.

I think the Bogart controller can be mounted on the back side of the meter box, or right in the area.  The existing wires will need to have the connectors cut of, or use some short 10 gauge jumper/adapters to convert from the eye connector to the bare stripped ends needed for the Bogart.  The reason for that is that I can reversed the install should I want to revert to the ZAMP if I want to sell the trailer or something.

The only issue I have not worked out is where to mount the shunt.  And after you get the shunt mounted and installed between battery ground and chassis ground, the 3 (as I remember) small ground wires that go the the negative battery terminals will need to be rerouted to the chassis ground side of the shunt for the meter to work proper.  And of course the 4 or 5 wires going to the meter connectors, but that won't be an issue.

Plan to tackle it soon.  Still pretty cold here.  I'll post pictures when I get to it.

Brad

• Thanks 2

• 6 months later...

Been a while since the last post on this thread. I installed the Xantrex LinkPro on a previous SOB trailer. I was very happy with it and bought another one for my OE2. Since the shunt install should be the same as the Trimetric I was hoping you all could provide pictures of how you did your install. Since I have the inverter, solar and 4 AGMs I will need to tie the negative (ground wires) for “Main 4 ga”, “Solar 6 ga” and “Inverter 4/0 ga” to “System” on the shunt and then run a new 4/0 or heavier gage wire between “Battery” on the shunt to negative on the battery bank. Any pictures you have of how you did this (where you located the shunt and picked up the ground wires) as well as any comments on if you would change your install if doing it again would be helpful. Thanks - Randy

2018 LE2 STD #365

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax 4x4