New Baby on the way

mountainborn

• Moderators

Aaah, yes, the general, real food for real folks ! And I see by your previous post you ate at the Rio Colorado, good stuff there. The owners brother has another a place on main street that has a lunch buffet that is good also.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Good morning world . . . life is gooood as i look out the windows and see the sun glittering off the lake surface through the beautiful and barren winter forest. Coffee pot is on with my 12v Cuisenart 4 cupper and the brew is strong.

It doesn't get much better than this . . .

Yesterday was a long day, cause I asked Oliver to put on yet another upgrade and they said "Why SURE Pete!" (you really have to love these people) I added a converter that will enable me to use power stored in the batteries to run 110v ac as desired. Now each of my numerous electrical outlets has one recepticle to run off shore power and the other off the battery which will be recharged from the solar panel. More flexibility built in to the Wonder Egg.

Arrived at the capmsite after sunset and did a quicjk hookup to city water & electric. Spent the next several hours setting up house as I enjoyed the first DVD in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Nice crisp picture on the flat screen and great surround sound from the 4 speakers.

Temp was in the high 20s overnight here on the Natches Trail, and, as I figured (when I was warm & cozy in bed) the hose delivering city water froze outside. No problem, i simply opened the tap in the bathroom which ran with a trickle, but after a few minutes there was full pressure as the in-line ice melted from the new flow. Next time I'll be sure to put some in the holding tank which is protected from freezing.

Source of heat overnight was a tiny thermostat controlled electric heater. Saved on propane, quiet, and very adequate to the task.

Cell pone booster works on AT&T and Verison but not on Sprint, cause they've ceeded thus territory to the others and there is zippo-nada signal out there for the amplifier to boost on Sprint. Yet . . . my Spriint air-data apparently works just fine!

Well, that's it for now . . . having fun getting into the swing of things. More later with pics . . .

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Good report Pete. That flexibility is a good thing to have alright. Cool that all of your systems are giving you good service from the git go ! Those guys at the factory are pretty efficient.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Congratulations!

Are you going to compile a list of all your modifications for those of us that have not taken the leap? May I ask where and why you had extra outlets placed? As I plan to use an electric blanket to save on propane, I wonder if one currently is conveniently placed. Since an Oliver is coming to Sacramento this week-end, I will look and find out. Happy Spring!

• Moderators

Congrats, Pete! Looking forward to seeing your photos! :P

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sacsun, just remember that what you see on the Oliver in Sacramento is not what you will have to settle for. The guys at Oliver are more than willing to make whatever modifications you need to make you happy! In Chuck's Oliver, there is an outlet on the passenger side of the trailer, next to the dinette/bed area, perfect for an electric blanket to keep you warm while watching TV or your favorite DVD! But I am sure the Oliver folks will put an outlet where ever you want one! Just look at all the mods they put together for Pete !!! :o

Pete, I'm glad your first night was such a success! Chuck and I were thinking of you and all that cold weather up there! Brrrrrr! Have a safe trip home! :)

Geri

• Moderators

Sacsun,

As Earthdancer stated, they will put an a/c or 12v outlet literally anywhere your heart desires. In the Wonder Egg, there is the standard two outlet a/c connection below the closet entrance, another in the dinette area, against the place your right leg calf

may touch while sitting in the front seat, another mounted on the ceiling under the cabinet and above the stove top, and another mounted under the cabinet right behind the speaker that's next to the flat screen. Each of these has an outlet wthat works off shore power, and the other works off the batteries that are charged from the solar unit.

For 12v, I have one next to the dinette a/c outlet, another on side of the storage area immediately behind the dinette and in just in front of where the fiberglass spacer for the bed lays and another just above where the bed is on the side of the galley.

Meanderhal and his DW came in this afternoon and had their checklist tour by Robert. Each of us found very minor items needing correction and the Oliver team went above & beyond to fix items on the spot. I highly encourage buyers to stay local briefly and do a shakedown cruise here at the Thousand Trails NACO campsite . . . very nice! (First night is paid by Oliver)

Sorry no pics are up yet . . . but I will get around to it . . . I promise! Thanks for being the great cheering crowd you've been during the birth. :D

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Thank you Geri and Pete,

Geri I love your website! I hope others check it out.

Pete, your information is greatly appreciated. I just finished chatting with Billy Gibson and Jim Oliver. They are at Cal Expo (California State Fairgrounds) in Sacramento. They will be there thru Sunday and I'm going to get over there hopefully by Saturday. I was planning on going sooner, but a dear friend passed on suddenly, and the services are being held in San Francisco tomorrow and Friday.

I am very interested in the solar and cellular modifications as well as outlets.

I also checked out Lisa's pictures and need to learn more about LED lighting.

Your pictures I'm sure are anxiously awaited by many. I'm sure that you are busy relishing your Wonder Egg. Enjoy! :D

Sacsun, thank you for your kind words about my websites, I appreciate it.

I'm glad you are getting a chance to look at the Oliver. You will be glad you did, because until you actually see it, and meet the people involved with the creation of an Oliver, you will begin to appreciate the quality and the devotion that goes into it from the first step of manufacturing to the day of delivery and even after care, when you leave the plant.

Like the previous posts attest....... Robert took us out to the Thousand Trails park and spent at least 3 hours with us showing Chuck and I every step from hooking up electric to leveling the trailer to operating the amazing entertainment system! (wow on that surround sound effect!) These guys are devoted to making their customers happy and satisfied with their new eggs! I don't think you would get that kind of service no matter what size rig you buy or how much you pay for it. The folks at Oliver are simply above and beyond what you would expect!

I am sorry for your loss of a good friend.

Geri

• Moderators

Sacsun,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the other loved ones of your friend who has departed to another place.

I found the Oliver purchasing experience to be unbelievable. They heard my desires and fulfilled each one in my trailer. (Whereas Airstream basically said take it or leave it)

While getting the Wonder Egg, I toured the Oliver Technologies plant (long time business of the Oliver family, before the trailer operation) and saw the dedication to excellence that was apparent in each and every process they have. I asked some probing questions about the company and what impressed me the most was the dedication Oliver has to its employees welfare. In a part of the country where benefits are few, they provide a excellent family health care package and a 100% matched 401K for their workers. They even put monies into the accounts of those who don't put in for themselves.

I know the price for the Oliver exceeds other Eggs out there. But not only do we get superior quality and best bang-for-the-buck, we support a wholesome company that really cares about its employees . . . it don't get much better than that!

Thank you both for the condolences.

Today was a definitely brighter one. I had the honor and pleasure to meet in person the warm and hospitable Billy Gibson and Jim Oliver along with his gracious and charming wife Yvonne and her brother.

It was so exciting to finally see one in the "flesh"! It was everything I'd imagined and more. I wish I could have spent the whole day there. I'm sure I talked their legs off. But they all were kind and patient as well as helpful with all my questions. Jim even drove me out to the parking lot to assess my car for towing issues. Both the twin and the front bed/dinette models were/are there. It was amazing to see the attention the Legacy x 2 received. While the traditional types had spotty attendance, while I was there, many people were gathered around and waiting patiently for their turn to go inside. I heard many favorable comments about the quality (which is apparent). I was also made aware of such easily customizable features such as cupboard door color and table top color. The cupboard doors can also be mirrored. It is apparent that a lot of thought has gone into the construction and the functional attributes.

Ciao for now,