Outer Hull damage

Yukon

Same here.  Mine seem a bit more neatly cut out and patched.  I assume everyone has them and it's part of the manufacturing process.  I wonder if they drill them from the inside and that's why the gelcoat side has varying degrees of damage.

I rarely turn my trailer over to admire the bottom, so I'm not bothered by them - so long as the patches stay put.  I'm very curious now what they're for though.

I checked hull number 93 today and I can not see any signs of these issues on our trailer.  I guess Oliver did a better job on the 2015 trailers.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

You are correct, all have them but most do not have air pockets that blowout! Most are covered with nice white Gel coat and never seen.

I’d be curious to know if that’s true. Mine has the same filler but it’s fairly neatly done and sanded smooth like the better one in John Davies’ picture.

If it’s something that they do in the production line then I can’t see them taking the time to have someone crawl under every trailer and repair both holes with gel coat. I mean maybe they do but I’d be amazed.

The question for me is if the failure of the filler on yours is the norm and something we all need to watch for, or if it’s the exception. One example doesn’t worry me but the fact that John has one hole where the filler seems to be failing makes me think that it’s more common. After all, most people don’t crawl under their trailers very often, so it could be more common a problem than we know.

Like I said, just out of curiosity I’ll be interested to hear why these holes are there. And if there’s an issue with the longevity of the filler then I’ll want to know that Oliver will cover the repair (which I’m certain they would).

Definitely keep us informed on what Oliver has to say. I’m sure that there are quite a few people watching this thread with interest.