Camp Creek Campground - Mt. Hood National Forest

DonnaDuane

Ollie-on-Mt.-Hood.thumb.jpg.f968094cbd118833712eae2685c0e6de.jpg

Donna and I went Summer glamping for the first time last weekend. We camped at Camp Creek Campground in Mt. Hood National Forest. It's the closest campground to Timberline where I train on the Palmer Snow Field throughout the Summer.  We had a fabulous time being in the forest, going on hikes and dining at local restaurants.  Our next adventure is yet to be determined, but we're excited about our week in Sisters Oregon in September for the Sisters Folk Music Festival. Happy travels everyone!

• Thanks 6

2018 Elite

TV - Audi Q5 3.0 TDI

Pretty, but it looks damp .... (moss on trees). Are any of the sites big enough for the Elite II? Any road noise? Sun exposure? Too many of the 1030’s era Wet Side forest service campgrounds in WA and OR are too drippy, buggy, and cramped for my taste....

Enjoy your visit.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John, this time of year is pretty dry around here, so no bugs to contend with. We got enough sun to keep the batteries charged, by some sites had less, so if you want that, you may have to drive around to find the best site. There are many back in sites that easily accommodate an LE II. Be sure to check the website for all the details on campgrounds and what they provide first though. There are gazillions of public campgrounds to choose from here.

2018 Elite

TV - Audi Q5 3.0 TDI