Question about no-microwave option on the smaller Oliver.

cbrucecampbell

14 hours ago, Overland said:

You can kind of see it in this photo - back in the shadows above the plates.  

IMG_4293.thumb.jpeg.706f8b543a804c4ae57b9d1a36f3c320.jpeg

2021 cabinet is different . . . . . only a light in the ceiling.  The outlet in the overhead cabinet is not duplex, to prevent plugging in something else while microwave is running, which would probably trip the circuit.

P1000141.JPG

P1000142.JPG

• Thanks 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

13 hours ago, JRK said:

I've been evaluating my microwave usage in my home kitchen - I have been using my Breville  multi-function oven more than the microwave and even my gas oven. I seem to use the microwave to heat water, and little else. the air fryer and reheat functions of the Breville get a lot of use, as well as replacing my toaster.

I did get the convection oven option for the Oliver. During the months after I placed the order, I think I realized that I don't need the microwave - hot water with electricity can be done in a water heating pot, or in a tea pot with a propane stove for french press coffee. I am seldom in a rush to get out the door since being semi-retired. I can plan my day being self-employed, mostly. I like an oven, so went with a convection oven, not really the microwave. Wasn't aware of the mini Breville. I think I would have gone without the microwave if I had thought more about it. I am a cheap ...... so have to further justify removing the convection microwave. I actually like toast made on one of those metal things that sit on top of a burner that require me to pay attention and turn the bread.

This is our boondocking toaster . . . . Dixon, made in New Zealand . . . . . makes great toast.

P1000143.JPG

P1000140.JPG

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

coghlans-camp-stove-toaster-100051-1.jpg?context=bWFzdGVyfGltYWdlc3w5NTQyNjB8aW1hZ2UvanBlZ3xpbWFnZXMvaGQ3L2hmMC84OTA2NTY1MzUzNTAyLmpwZ3w4N2M1ZjZlMzVkMmY3ZGQ5NGQ4ZjU5YWY0ZDNkYTBmZmEwYWYxNDFhNjI5MmQ0MGQ1OTY5NWVhN2IyYTU4ZWQy

I have one we have used since the 80's - from the top of a white gas Coleman -  in the way back  - to the city slicker modern stovetop of the Ollie. It probably has more road miles on it than I care to admit. Last trip I noticed we had a new one - my wife said she found it on sale - but why?  The new is now back in the home storage bin - and the old guy (toaster) is much happier - still useful- not having been replaced by the upstart cheap usurper.  One of us is enough.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

BoB, I looked for a stock photo of the toaster we use on the boat, and I  found this instead--"vintage, antique toaster pendant light."

<sigh> I  guess I'm beginning to resemble the vintage label, too.

Screenshot_20210304-143712_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.