Fold up television stabilizer shocks

Our fold up television unclips itself and falls down frequently while towing our trailer.  It's also very wobbly in general, so I was looking for a way to stabilize the television.  I decided to try a couple pieces of pool noodle as stabilizing shock absorbers and so far so good.  One will stop the television from unclipping itself, but two (one on each side) provide additional stabilization and prevent the wobble.  The television hasn't fallen off since I put these up and although I haven't put a camera on it while towing, I can't imagine the television is wobbling any more either.  The noodles don't flex much so they provide very stable support.  Because of this they had to be perfect in size, so it was trial and error.  Mine were both 3-3/8" thick.  A softer type of material like foam or sponges would be easier and may even work better. 

I'm sure other owners have developed a slew of ways to stabilize the television while towing, but unfortunately forum "search" turned up            .   🙂

IMG_2890.thumb.jpg.4d41c42ac2341ec87864b3aa11292a5c.jpg

Edited by NCeagle
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

We will definitely try this! Ours has unclipped many times although not as often after having it adjusted during annual maintenance at Oliver. Unfortunately, today it unclipped and snapped the antenna socket off the back of the TV. 😒 Thanks for the idea for a simple solution. Now, to figure out how to fix the TV...

Joe and Mindy ▪️ 2019 Legacy Elite II ▪️ Hull 457

ALAZARFLILKYLAMSMONMOKTNTXUT99FFFFsm.jpg