Honda 2200i Generator

Put your neutral ground bonding plug into one of the outlets on your generator.  Start it up.  Go into your Ollie and make sure there is no load on your 120v circuits (TV off, AC off, refrigerator on LP and nothing plugged into your outlets).  Plug Ollie into your generator and go fire up the air conditioner.

This procedure is what I did the first (and only) time I used my 2200i and everything went without a hitch.  I have the micro-start option and I assume that you do as well.

Stay cool,

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

We have a Honda 2200 converted to propane fuel. Our air conditioner has a soft start circuit. All works very well to date.    This said, we have yet to challenge the system at high altitude on a hot day.  These factors could put the performance of the generator the outside its ability to supply enough power to properly run the air conditioner.

We love not having to deal with a supply of gas. We have the large propane tank option and have never run short of propane. Water is always the item that brings us back to town. 

Our conversion is a Hutches kit. This kit will void the warranty of the generator and is illegal in some states (not approved EPA emissions)  

image.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

Good point about the emissions with the propane conversion.  The standard gasoline fired 2200i meets the emissions of every state but California.  Honda makes a different model approved for use in the Golden State.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

On 8/7/2021 at 3:36 PM, LongStride said:

Put your neutral ground bonding plug into one of the outlets on your generator.  Start it up.  Go into your Ollie and make sure there is no load on your 120v circuits (TV off, AC off, refrigerator on LP and nothing plugged into your outlets).  Plug Ollie into your generator and go fire up the air conditioner.

This procedure is what I did the first (and only) time I used my 2200i and everything went without a hitch.  I have the micro-start option and I assume that you do as well.

Stay cool,

Mike

Sounds pretty straight forward.  Yes, we have Lithium Pro Pkg with micro-start.

Thanks!

Update: We didn't need the AC.  Our site had enough shade to keep the inside of the trailer "bearable" . . . . . 80 degrees tops, but it had cooled down to the 70's by bed time.

Looks like the heat wave has arrived.  It was over 90 when we returned home today and predicted to be warmer tomorrow.  Thankfully I have an appointment in Bandon, so I'll be heading to the coast for the day.

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 1 month later...