22 minutes ago, VBistro said:

Thoughts on how to get the check valve out of the straight fitting?  Push it through from the female side?  I don't want to damage it inadvertently. 

I am a little confused about where this convoluted discussion is headed, you do NOT need to disassemble the check valve , and I don’t think that is even possible without destroying it. Install the entire unit into the female hole of the new elbow, and discard the old straight reducer fitting. Unless your setup is different from mine on Hull 218. That is possible. Does yours look like the left side of the pic I posted? The other end of that check valve assembly has an internal flare that matches the flare of the crimped-on fitting of the gas hose, you can’t discard the fitting for that reason also. And you don’t use any sealant on those threads, they go together dry. The flares make the seal (and those threads are straight, not tapered pipe).

I think I have some more pictures of that mod, I thought about starting a new How To thread, but never got around to it. Maybe I should go ahead with that…,.😀

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

6 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

I am a little confused about where this convoluted discussion is headed, you do NOT need to disassemble the check valve , and I don’t think that is even possible without destroying it. Install the entire unit into the new elbow, and discard the old straight reducer fitting. Unless your setup is different from mine on Hull 218. That is possible. Does yours look like the left side of the pic I posted? The other end of that check valve assembly has an internal flare that matches the flare of the crimped-on fitting of the gas line, you can’t discard the fitting for that reason also. And you don’t use any sealant on those threads, they go together dry. The flares make the seal. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

Sorry for the confusion!  I originally thought I was replacing the straight fitting with the elbow, but I understand from your last post that I am installing the straight fitting into the new elbow.  That's why I thought I needed to get the check valve out somehow.  I get it now.  Thanks very much for the clarification.

• Like 1

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg