Blog article : What is a Battery Monitor and Why Do You Need One?

You can make many upgrades to your battery system, but one of the simplest and most useful is adding a battery monitor. Let’s take a look at what a battery monitor is and how it can help you get the most out of your battery system.”

https://battlebornbatteries.com/what-is-a-battery-monitor/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

39 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

You can make many upgrades to your battery system, but one of the simplest and most useful is adding a battery monitor. Let’s take a look at what a battery monitor is and how it can help you get the most out of your battery system.”

https://battlebornbatteries.com/what-is-a-battery-monitor/

John Davies

Spokane WA

John,  we're getting a 2022 LE2 with solar and lithium batteries in November.   Will ours need this battery monitor? 

Thanks,  John 

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

23 minutes ago, John Welte said:

John,  we're getting a 2022 LE2 with solar and lithium batteries in November.   Will ours need this battery monitor? 

I can’t comment on future hardware that might be installed… . And Oliver keeps changing their battery supplier, so I am not familiar with all the variations. I do think that Oliver should include a central monitor as standard equipment, because a battery specific app that only sees what is inside the batteries is just not good enough. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Our 2022 LEII, Hull 990, is equipped with the Lithium Pro package, which includes three Lithionics batteries.  These batteries have a built-in battery management system and an iPhone/Android app which connects to the batteries via Bluetooth.  I use the iPhone version, Li3 Battery, which I downloaded from the Apple App Store.  

The Li3 Battery app provides a great deal of information about the batteries, their charge level and general state of health.  I don't know there is any additional information I could possibly need to know beyond what this app provides.  Obviously you need to be within Bluetooth range, approximately 10 meters, for the app to connect with the batteries.  So far, I am impressed with the capabilities to monitor the batteries.

• Like 4

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

I've got the Xantrex app and the Lithionics app on my Android phone. Both work great and give me all the info I need. The Xantrex app was VERY important in my initial shakedown of the trailer when I learned that I didn't have the correct firmware. I was able to correct it via the app. The Lithionics app is very accurate in showing me how much juice I'm using, and how fast I'm recharging either on shore power or via the solar panels.

• Like 3

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel