First chip

• Moderators

Gelcoat has a color/number code, and you can order it through a marine supply/fiberglass supply. (In St. Pete, FL, fiberglass productsis our go to source.)

. Last time I bought it, for the boat,, one quart was the minimum.  And, like every other chemical  these days, expensive. 

Marine tex is pretty close in color, not perfect,  so you could just dremel it out and fill in. Or, see if Oliver has the correct color in stock.

Gel coat repair is a multistage process.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

For those who are curious, I called Oliver and sent them pics of the fiberglass damage.  Their suggestion (short of bringing it back to them in Hohenwald) is to use a reputable marine fiberglass shop.  Their experience is that RV repair shops don't do nearly as good or work on fiberglass as a shop working with it all day every day.   As for color they suggest that they can color match it at the shop and didn't give me a color code or number.   

So hopefully Tuesday after the Holiday the local fiberglass shop will get back to me and I can see if they agree with what Oliver told me as to color matching. 

• Like 4

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337