Cooktop Recall?

GAP

Has anyone replaced their cooktop because of the  "NHTSA RECALL 22V350 Damage Cooktop Control Valves May Leak Gas" recall posted on the forum?  My Elite 2 falls into the dates of potential  problematic units.  I'm looking to find out where the serial number fror the cooktops are located and to see if anyone has suffered the infamous Dometic black hole where their service centers refuse to work on warranted product because the center does not sell Oliver trailers while Oliver refuses to do the work because they are not a Dometic service center.  

On an additional note, I feel it would serve customers well (not to mention making plenty of sense with little cost) for Oliver to include all product serial numbers with each new trailer.  In my two years of ownership, searching for serial numbers has been a fairly frequent occurence as in having to repair/replace/maintain my bathroom sink, Maxair fan, inverter, fridge, furnace, thermostat and now, cooktop.

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package

Contact service.....here is an explanation they posted in the same recall thread.

Steve

MDuncan

• Author
  • Administrators

This recall is for only some Oliver Legacy Elite travel trailers and does not include Legacy Elite II trailers. We will be notifying all impacted individuals by USPS mail and by email. If you print the attached document to have a service center inspect and/or replace your cooktop, please email Regina Rogers and let her know you have taken corrective action. Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Matt Duncan

Director of Marketing, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Like 6